Fried Foods!

Options
So, I have been really at this for about 4 weeks now, and have sucessfully lost 15 lbs! I am very proud of those lbs, but the even more amazing thing to me is what happened last night! Since starting 4 weeks ago, I have completely given up everything fried. For me, that in itself, was HUGE! Before, everything to me, was better fried! So having cut out fried foods, I have lost to want for it, as well as, the need to want to cook it for my husband. Well I gave in last night and cooked the DH french fries! I took one, and bit into it, and GAGGED! I literally spit it right back up, it was so disgusting! It was like grease just squirted out in my mouth! After that nasty experience with grease, I never ever EVER want grease again!

Just curious has anybody else had this happen to them, or maybe a different food that they used to crave and now dont even like?

Replies

• InsanlyIrene
    Options
    My stomach gets all upset when I eat anything greasy, it just doesn't settle well with my stomach at all. It's because your body isn't used to it any more that it reacts badly to the fats.

I must admit I love fries and it's a guilty pleasure for me to have a small portion every few months. As long as I combine it with a healthy salad and lean meat I am good :) (I make them myself from fresh potatoes).
  • FitBy30_2014
    FitBy30_2014 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I had kind of a similar experience. I've been going at this for 4 weeks as well with 13 pounds lost. Congrats to you on 15 pounds! Last night I actually went through Mcdonald's to get the hubby and kids something quick to eat before a busy night. I decide to get a meal. I wasn't immediately displeased by the taste, but let me tell you that meal did not treat my stomach kindly!! Ugh, it was AWFUL. I never want to touch something so gross and greasy again. Plus after eating it I just felt sluggish and wanted to be lazy. It is so crazy how things that we eat can have an effect on us physically and emotionally! I decided since my nasty meal last night I'm sticking to mostly fruits and veggies today and LOTS of water!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached the gag stage, but I am more inclined to buy something at pollo tropical than go to BK or Mcdonalds etc. I do have my moments when I feel for IHOP, but they now have a smart & fit option, so I order from there.

I still eat fried chicken, etc but not nearly as often as I used.

I haven't lost appetite for any of my junk foods, I just have more self control, over how often I eat them.
  • IndyHannah
    IndyHannah Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started hating a certain smell that for ages I couldn't figure out what it was. I realised eventually it was oil. When my mum cooks she tends to use a lot of oil and I realised it was starting to make me gag. Horrid! I use 1cal spray and hadn't even thought about oil so it was weird that my body now seems to hate it! :-)
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    As much as I love my French Fries, it was really a shock to have that reaction to them last night! I know one thing I dont think I will ever lose a craving for and that my chocolate!! Gotta have it!
  • nonohomes
    Options
    That naturally happens when you quit eating certain foods. I don't eat hardly anything fried anymore because it does NOT sit well on my stomach anymore. When I did WW, which I intend to pick back up very soon, I went 6 weeks without anything fried and then found out I was pregnant and was craving some jalapeno poppers. I don't think I have regretted anything more in my life. It was literally disgusting and it used to be one of my favorite foods. It's amazing how your body changes and shifts gears according to what you eat.
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I went vegetarian for 6 months. But i had to start eating meat again cause I wasn't getting enough protein... I literally threw up the first few times trying to eat meat again. That was over 3 years ago and I still to this day can't eat red meat. I can only eat very lean chicken and fish.

I also Hate greasy food now that I've been dieting.
  • keysr
    keysr Posts: 19
    Options
    I gave up all soda completely a couple years ago. Now if I have a sip, it literally BURNS my throat, and it is so painful to drink and I can't imagine why anyone would drink any sort of soda. I gave it up for lent one year and realized how much I didn't miss it and so I didn't want to start drinking again. Its one piece of advice I suggest to people who are dieting or just want to start eating healthier. Soda, including DIET soda, is not good for you. So many chemicals and bad, unnatural things are entering your body every time you drink a soda.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 15 lbs. That is fantastic :bigsmile:

My very brief story is that I lost 90lbs about 10 years ago, and have slowly gained about 40 back - NOT AT ALL okay and I'm working on getting it off again.

In any case, the thing that I lost a craving for was ice cream. Back when my son was little (early 90s) I ate it every day, sometimes a trip to DQ after my son's nap, followed by a dish of ice cream after dinner. When I started losing weight, it was the one thing that I just had to completely cut out, because I loved it SO much and literally had no self control.

Now - I don't have ANY craving for ice cream at all - and I have pretty much lost my taste for sweets, period. Anything sweet just makes me gag, particularly sweet drinks. Go figure.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!