Why have I not seen results?

Options
For the past month I have been on a strict diet. I cut out sodas, sweets, fast food, alcohol, and other foods that slow your metabolism. I eat three healthy meals a day with a small healthy snack in between i.e an apple, banana, or serving of nuts.
I also go to the gym every day for about an hour at a time. Sometimes even twice in one day. I usually do a fast pace jog for 20 mins and then do strength training for another 25 mins. I make sure I am hydrated and I even implemented in a fat burner supplement to speed up the process. So far I haven't lost a single pound. I'm 5'3" and fluctuate between 152 and 154.
Im eating a whole grain hot cereal in the morning, a lean meat sandwich on whole grain bread with raw veggies in the afternoon, and a grilled chicken breast with veggies for dinner. Im trying to get down to 141 to meet my weight requirement for the military. I'm running alot to build up my endurance for the PT test and basic. I've consulted my doctor about this and she says my diet is fine and to continue with my running routine.

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and measure your food? How many calories are you eating a day? If you aren't losing, you're eating more than you're burning.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating each day?
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Do you Log all of your calories? It sounds like you might be eating too much. I know i can't have sandwiches and stay within my calorie limit. Need to know that as that is paramount for weight loss.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and measure your food? How many calories are you eating a day? If you aren't losing, you're eating more than you're burning.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Probably because you're eating more calories than you think you are. Foods don't slow your metabolism so you won't lose just by replacing some foods with others.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    weigh/measure your food. weigh any meat your eating do not guesstimate. you can eat sandwiches as long as you fit the calories in your day. i know i do. had one today it was yummy.
  • kawaj93
    Options
    I count my calories and i'm under 1000 calories a day. My sandwiches are made with just a slice of whole grain bread. ( I use one slice of bread and cut it in half)
  • Snkmac
    Snkmac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I'm getting discouraged. I maintain approx. 1200 calories per day, drink water through out the day. I've been tracking off and on since January. Was working out 5 days a week, cut it back to 3 days since I wasn't seeing any weight loss. Did see minor toning everywhere except the mid section. I work out hard 3 days a week and try to eat as healthy as I can. I have a sedentary job and stay active on the weekends. I just need to lose 10lbs, not sure what I'm doing wrong but its not happening. Any suggestions?
  • californiabella
    Options
    I count my calories and i'm under 1000 calories a day. My sandwiches are made with just a slice of whole grain bread. ( I use one slice of bread and cut it in half)

You're eating less than 1000 calories a day + exercising 5x a week for 60 minutes. I think your body is hungry. Try maintaining a 1200 calorie eating plan (not including exercise) and you'll see the weight drop.

ETA I'm 5" (just a few inches shorter than you) and my starting weight at the end of August was 154. I've dropped 7 pounds since then cycling my calories from 1200-1600 a day and exercising 3 days a week (60 minutes, moderate intensity).
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Why so few calories?
  • kawaj93
    Options

Why so few calories?

Thats just how much I happen to intake. With the fat burner its helps with my cravings. So normally when I'm at home bored, I will constantly snack. But now I don't. I eat when I feel hungry.
  • kaylingonzales
    kaylingonzales Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My god reading this makes me cry. Honey you are NOT eating ENOUGH.
    I am 5'3 165 pounds and without exercising the lowest I will go is 1400 calories. I lift heavy weights four times a week and do 2-3 30 minute HITT sessions a week. With that I eat 1700-2200 calories a day and still lose weight. More importantly I am losing fat and gaining/preserving my lean muscle tissue which means tat my metabolism will be faster.
    You should probably do some research on the benefits of weight training for women FROM RELIABLE SOURCES, no magazines, or commercial weight loss sites.

This calculator is a great resource for figuring out your macro nutrient needs (protein, fats, and carbs.)
    http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

From the information that you have given here; your activity level, height and weight this calculator suggests the you should be eating between 1500-1900 calories a day, 100-130 grams of protein a day, 100-200 grams of carbs, and 50-80 grams of fats a day.
  • kawaj93
    Options
    I am 5'3 165 pounds and without exercising the lowest I will go is 1400 calories. I lift heavy weights four times a week and do 2-3 30 minute HITT sessions a week. With that I eat 1700-2200 calories a day and still lose weight. More importantly I am losing fat and gaining/preserving my lean muscle tissue which means tat my metabolism will be faster.
    You should probably do some research on the benefits of weight training for women FROM RELIABLE SOURCES, no magazines, or commercial weight loss sites.

This calculator is a great resource for figuring out your macro nutrient needs (protein, fats, and carbs.)

From the information that you have given here; your activity level, height and weight this calculator suggests the you should be eating between 1500-1900 calories a day, 100-130 grams of protein a day, 100-200 grams of carbs, and 50-80 grams of fats a day.

Unfortunately, according the military, at my age and height, the maximum weight requirement is 141. I was exercising and eating the normal calories you are suggesting and I wasnt losing weight either.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

Why so few calories?

Thats just how much I happen to intake. With the fat burner its helps with my cravings. So normally when I'm at home bored, I will constantly snack. But now I don't. I eat when I feel hungry.

EAT MORE.

You will lose when your body is not so stressed with such a huge calorie deficit.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

EAT MORE.

You will lose when your body is not so stressed with such a huge calorie deficit.

This exactly!
  • Jeannine711
    Jeannine711 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough and If you eat the same things everyday your body gets used to it...shake things up at bit!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

If you are eating that little you would be losing weight.

My guess is you are either forgetting to log in, or estimating calories, and are eating more than you think you are. With all the exercising and so few calories you would be tired and drained of energy.

I am 8 pound away from my goal, I exercise each day, and I eat between 1,750 ans 1,950 calories each day and I'm losing weight.

Echo all the questions before me, as well as the a device on logging and weighing/measuring food.

Also, what is this fat burner? Why are you taking it?
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options

EAT MORE.

This exactly!

I need to third this! I never lost weight when I was on a "strict diet". I lost weight when I ate a reasonable amount and exercised a reasonable amount. I ate 100 calories over my BMR, plus I ate exercise calories back if any. I lost an average of 3.5lbs per month over 10 months, and I've been maintaining for 7 months. There's no need to use that "fat burner" thing. Just use moderation. :) I promise!!
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options

That is your problem right there you are not eating enough food, you need to be at least 1200. Follow what MFP's guide sets up for you and eat back your exercise calories. Starving yourself is a sure fire way to slow your metabolism.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, according the military, at my age and height, the maximum weight requirement is 141. I was exercising and eating the normal calories you are suggesting and I wasnt losing weight either.

Who cares, make tape. I never made weight my entire career. The "ideal weight" was unrealistic, but I always made tape easily.