Three ingredient no bake pb oat bars!

Options
TooTatToTrot
TooTatToTrot Posts: 81 Member
Hola,

I just tried this recipe last night and it was delicious...mainly because I am a peanut butter addict. I felt like Winnie the Pooh making this stuff, wasn't positive it would turn out right, but I love, love, love them.

Now, I like breakfast food but can't really eat before 10am, something with my body but I've been like that since 5th grade when I decided I would make my own lunches for school (mom could sleep in with my younger siblings). I usually have to be at work by 6:45 and I'm with toddlers all day so I need my energy and I believe I found it.

It's more carbs than I like, but I do cut gigantic bars to hold me over from 5:30-6am until noon-1pm.

PB, honey and oat bars

1 cup Peanut butter (natural if eating clean, can be crunchy or creamy)
1 cup of honey (raw for clean eating)
3 cups of old fashioned oats (I used 2 and 1/4 because my nephew spilled most of the container but it worked just fine)

-In a nonstick saucepan on low heat, combine honey and peanut butter. Mix until they turn into a gold liquid with all honey mixed in and all peanut butter liquified.

-Have your oats waiting in a large bowl. Pour hot honey and peanut butter mixture over oats and mix together until all oats are covered.

-Lightly grease a 9x9, 8x8, ?x? pan (I used olive oil cooking spray), pour mixture in and spread all around. Cover with plastic wrap.

-Refrigerate overnight or 6-8 hours until peanut butter is semi-hard. (After 4 hours it hardens enough for you to cut a small piece, take a bite, it shouldn't be as creamy as it is at this point)

I used an 8x8 pan and my nieces and nephews were over, their ages range from 14 months-7 years old. Instead of using the stove, they each mixed their cups of peanut butter and cups of honey in a microwave safe bowl and thr seven year old and I put it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until we got the desired consistency. Everyone had 25 kid size bars to take home for breakfast, but it's sweeter than most granola bars if you use regular Jif like we did, so I recommend for 2 for a snack or 1 plus fruit and a glass of milk for breakfast.

The kids loved them and I did too!

For my regular size bars (12 bars out of an 8x8 pan):

Calories: 271
Protein: 7.5g
Carbs: 38g
Sodium: 94g

Kiddie bars (25 out of an 8x8 pan):

Calories: 130
Protein: 5g
Carbs: 12g
Sodium: 45g

Today I made them with a cup of my Mocha Cappuchino whey powder in order to up my protein....OMG.. I had a mouth orgasm...mocha chocolate peanut butter granola bars and a cup of almond milk and I was ready for work.

You can add protein powder, dried futile, nuts, basically whatever you want. I hope you all enjoy as much as I did :)

Replies