Newlywed Looking to lose the "newlywed 8"

Options
Hi all, I'm new here!

I don't have much to lose but figured I would nip my small weight gain in the bud my tracking my calories and doing some exercise. I have done Weight Watchers in the past and lost 35 pounds doing that and have kept most of it off.

Right now I am doing the 6 week challenge on the Wii EA Sports more workouts. Has anyone else done this? Sometimes I feel like I should be doing more but also I don't think I'd be working out as much if I wasn't doing this so even the 150 calorie burn is better than nothing.

Just thought I'd say "hi" and tell my story!

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Goodluck
  • TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure if the newlywed "8" was a real thing but I gained it too so if I need something to blame it on it must be being a newlywed!

Welcome!
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the marriage. I just got married a month ago so I know what you mean!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome! :flowerforyou:

The way I see it, 150 calories burned is not a whole lot. But, like you said, it's 150 calories that you wouldn't be burning otherwise. So, yes, something is better than nothing. I feel that the idea behind all of this madness is to make a lifestyle change and not just "diet" to lose weight. So, find an activity that you enjoy (like Wii) and do it a few times per week, if not daily. Focus on being active forever and not just to lose a few pounds.
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    Good luck

I wish I'd only gained the "newlywed 8"! Mine was a newlywed 18!!!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you ... I don't have anything to blame my weight gain on LOL I hadn't ever heard of the newlywed 8 but I suppose that bliss can translate to added weight. You can do this and honestly no amount of weight is "too little" to lose if you don't feel comfortable.