What's your reward?

teresamwhite
teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
Today a regular guest commented that it looked like I had lost weight (YAY!) She asked me what my reward was. I told her I didn't really have a reward in mind, as much as I have a few short term and a couple of long term goals. She said she didn't think she would have the willpower necessary to watch her eating and go work out unless she had a really good reward. She said she could see herself training for a marathon if she knew there was a pair of diamond earrings at the finish line waiting for her. We had a bit of a chuckle before she moved on and I had to serve the next guest.

My goals are to be healthier, in better shape and in a size that makes me comfortable, but a reward? I'm not really much of a jewelry person, hate to shop (although soon I will need some new, smaller clothes)...the only thing I can think of that I really want is a new armband for my iPhone and maybe a heart rate monitor, but I don't think of those things as rewards.

It got me thinking, though, does anyone else set themselves with a tangible reward? Or is your new body and health the reward?

Replies

• heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Cute bathing suit in the summer.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Bikinis and jeans usually. Although sometimes perfume and shoes :smile:
  • twentyfourpaws
    twentyfourpaws Posts: 6 Member
    Yep smaller clothes!! Necessary and a reward!
    This summer I went bathing suit shopping and bought bikinis... And enjoyed it! That was reward in itself :)
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    <grin> So clothing seems to be a pretty good reward, then...I'm not much on shopping, so for me its just because I can't stand hitching my pants up every five minutes...!