Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Breadsticks are delicious!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    A plain breadstick at 20kCal is half to a third the calories of a typical biscuit (cookie for Americans ;) ) but how is it in other regards? I'm not talking about a breadstick covered in salt, but your bog-standard plain variety.

Well, you're in a strange restaurant indeed if you're standing on breadsticks.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Only 20 calories for a breadstick... where???

Really skinny (hard) ones .....kinda like big pretzels
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a 20 cal breadstick, I'm thinking it must be like a pretzel and I am eh about those. The soft salty Olive Garden kind used to be a favorite of mine, those and the ones from Little Caesar's a million years ago.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am FOR breadsticks!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ok the thin ones like pretzels I can do without (like pretzels really, unless they have cinnamon sugar on them LOL). But the ones from restaurants, count me in, although the calories for those suck and it's impossible to stop at one.
  • Mr_Boy
    Mr_Boy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I never heard of Olive Garden but they do nice ones in Cafe Rouge, served with a pot of melted garlic butter for dipping. I will save them for a day when I am simply NOT counting calories at all :)
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm pro-breadstick-choice. The more buttery they are, the more likely they'll end up in my mouth.

Wow, that sounds horrible. Oh well, it stays.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    When standing on breadsticks, one should stick to the middle....