is it possible to get rid of a big belly and make it flat?

Options
hi everyone, i know this may be a silly question to ask, but ill ask anyway :) ive been dieting now for 2 months and have lost a about 15lbs so far. the main reason i even started was because i wanted a flat belly, and i know you cant "spot" an area to lose the weight. now my belly looked like i was 5 months preggo and it is (thankfully) going down. Now here comes the question. will it be impossible to lose more belly fat and get rid of a heavy 'Pot" belly? the reason i ask is because i was told i couldnt get my belly slimmer due to the fact i had a child (he is 4 now) are they right?

Replies

• SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yes its possible! :) although if you have a lot of loose skin now, you might still have loose skin when you are small. Congrats for the swift weightloss by the way! Keep it up x
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that is true. You can get rid of your belly, but I heard that it is the last part of your body that you lose since it's the first part of your body that usually gains weight. Good luck!
  • ImRemko
    ImRemko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sadly fat loss work as 'last in, first out', and belly fat is what's stored first. So... your last fatties will (for most people) be at the belly. It's never impossible to get rid of them, it'll just take time. How much time it takes depends on the belly, but everything's possible.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Yes, you absolutely can! There may be some extra skin, I don't know how much weight you have to lose (and some of it is just genetics). However, you definitely lose from your belly. I can tell you that I gained 50lbs with my first baby. My stomach was my trouble spot before I had him. After I had and worked out. My stomach looked better than it EVER had before.

Keep up the hard work! It will be sooo worth it!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to them!

Starting, about 4 months after my youngest, and 205ish
    60bd205e2874a813b5dbff57e0c0bfd81408569.jpg

This past Sunday, tail end of my recent bulk
    e5da3e79fac19d996552f67e67f465ff1408569.jpg
    ce602eb06e9e83f795dba91415cd77cb1408569.jpg
  • KiwiJewels
    KiwiJewels Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My personal thought is if you reduce your body fat overall, and work on your abdominal muscles, then child or no child, you'll be able to make a difference to it. It may not be perfect, and it will take time and hard work, but don't give up :-)
  • jbolarinho88
    Options
    thanks everyone, that just makes me more motivated and keep trying :)
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Cut it off with a machete.
  • jbolarinho88
    Options
    wow you look great!!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It's the first thing that went away on my body. I guess it's different for everyone.
  • jbolarinho88
    Options
    those pics were inspiring! thanks so much!
  • StephanieStC
    StephanieStC Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    wobbspsfl:

What do you eat? Are you super disciplined in that area? Can you give us a typical day, eating-wise?
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    42508174_6100_thumb.jpg

My stomach about 3-4 months ago.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    wobbspsfl:

What do you eat? Are you super disciplined in that area? Can you give us a typical day, eating-wise?

Dairy is open, 625 days of info there for you - although I did take part of last weekend off. Ot was my last weekend bulking, and I was determined to enjoy it
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    53lbs down and now in maintenance, and my stomach is totally flat :) I also have three kids, ages 5, 7, and 9.
  • Lucy3410
    Options
    I can't give my own testimony (YET), but I have heard that it is possible, but it is the last to go as well. Hang in there, we'll get it!!
  • jbolarinho88
    Options
    ving the feedback!!! everyone is amazing and i appreciate the time you all took to help answer me :) god bless <3
  • jbolarinho88
    Options
    42508174_6100_thumb.jpg

My stomach about 3-4 months ago.

wow that looks like mewhen i first started! btw you look amazing now! congrats
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    wobbspsfl,

Good job, you look fabulous! And your diary-excellent!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    wobbspsfl,

Good job, you look fabulous! And your diary-excellent!

Aww, thanks hun!