Motivation Ideas

Options
Anyone got some good ideas for motivation for rewards or any punishments for not hitting your goals? I try setting a up goal for the week and if I hit it, I get my cheat meal on Sunday. Any one else have any other good ideas that help with motivation?

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I think a cheat meal often needs to be earned, so that is great. If you can't stay on track during the week, no treats. Yep.

I'm not good at punishment, but one thing that is similar is logging everything. If I skip a workout for no good reason, I put down that I had no good reason. I actually color-code my workouts on a chart so that I can physically see what missing several looks like!

The silly thing is that I love working out. I just am one who can forget how often I do or don't do something, lol, and I do start figuring that 'a little bit won't hurt'. So my motivation is to fill up my chart with on-calorie days and finished workouts as often as I'd planned. I love seeing the progression.

I have other motivations like strength, etc, but those seem so constant. The color chart changes fast! It either fills up or it doesn't over a week ;) My choice, lol!
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Cafeaulait7....please change your profile picture....it's making me seriously crave something hideously chocolatey! :p

My main motivation comes when i see that i have lost a bit of weight or i see i'm getting fitter, which when you have just started out isn't much use i'm afraid. When i can run for that extra couple of minutes, or when i look in the mirror and see my waist getting mroe defined, it makes me go 'hell yeah! More of this please!'.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Chocolatey?! No, no. Those are cups of mud :D No worries!
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Don't make food your motivation/reward. Try making your reward better fitting clothes, a new videogame etc.

Don't make your weightloss more miserable than it is by 'punishing' yourself when you don't hit your goals.

At least for me, that works.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    This isn't a reward/punishment thing but to help motivate me I printed out a colour photo of a fit woman with a similar body type to me (busty, long muscular legs and similar torso shape) and posted it by my bedroom mirror so every time I look in the mirror I am motivated to get my body to look like hers. It was important that we had a similar build so it's something I can realistically aspire to.

I should probably put it in the kitchen too!
  • jon201983
    jon201983 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i agree! i think its the constant reminder of your goal or something you are going for that helps! Busy days often make me forget about my goals, I just gotta keep seeing them and hit them! If I dont....well I'll come with a penalty then haha