How to eat healthy when you dont have time to cook??

Options
124»

Replies

• Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a slow cooker. Someone listed a bunch of great sounding recipes on one of the other threads... Put everything in, in the morning, and supper is ready when you get home. Kat :)
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I make salads/sandwiches for the week usually on Sundays and cook 2 or 3 big meals to have for dinners through the week. I also double recipes and freeze extras to have on busy days. Mason jar salads have been such a success for me and so easy!

There is always time for you.
  • ecmont032
    ecmont032 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think everyone had great ideas. I def agree with the crockpot idea. I'm a single mom of 2 and the crockpot is great for me. Also, if you have to eat out you can still do it by getting healthy things. Believe me I go to Mcdonald's and Wendy's and Subway (the kids love their happy meal's) and I eat the food too..it's just now I eat much healthier when I go. I will say that the really healthy stuff is usually the highest prices items on the menu.
  • aKate_
    aKate_ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I see many great ideas!! Are there any types of meals that freeze well in particular?

Stews and soups usually freeze very well. You can portion them out into single or double servings in a quart size freezer bag and freeze almost indefinitely.

There is this great soup cookbook I picked up last year (For the Love of Soup) and most of her recipes can be made within a half hour to an hour and make a lot of soup. I have frozen all the recipes I have tried and it makes for a great easy meal through out the week. Just make sure to remember to freeze in containers for one serving.
  • michelleraebaker
    michelleraebaker Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I make my own TV dinners and take them everywhere. Cook 3lbs. of chicken breast with veggies at time, then freeze each portion in a little container. Inconvenience is never an excuse with healthy homemade frozen meals. Good luck!