Fitness peeps...

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
Just want to make sure I'm not the only one here.

Do you ever look at someone (male or female) and try to guess/stereotype how they attained that physique?

Checking my own sanity here.

Replies

• InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    body-by-bacon_design.png
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    JeE3Y43.gif
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I could think about what all the ripped dudes at the gym are doing to get that way, but I rather just watch them :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I do all the time. Like lebaker above me, I wonder if she is a cardio bunny, pumps iron, or does yoga.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I do all the time. Like lebaker above me, I wonder if she is a cardio bunny, pumps iron, or does yoga.

I think that establishes once and for all that you are a much better person than I am. :laugh:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Do you ever look at someone (male or female) and try to guess/stereotype how they attained that physique?

Not really. I just assume they eat proportional and work out. I do watch athletes perform and wonder about training techniques that might improve my own performance.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I just first assess if they have a better body than me. If not, we are cool. If yes, I create reasons in my head as to why they do and then I fixate on their flaws.

The gym is great for mental health
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I just first assess if they have a better body than me. If not, we are cool. If yes, I create reasons in my head as to why they do and then I fixate on their flaws.

This is funny :smile:

I do look at very fit women and wonder if they lift, how long they've been lifting, how heavy they lift, how much they eat, etc
  • lebaker310
    Options

This is funny :smile:

I do look at very fit women and wonder if they lift, how long they've been lifting, how heavy they lift, how much they eat, etc

Hahaha

I duno why but not many women lift at my gym. I always feel like I'm the only one avoiding the treadmills and fighting a dude for the squat rack. Anyone woman I see doing cardio, I don't really care what they are doing.

Oh and whierd, yet weird but I like you man
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

Hahaha

I duno why but not many women lift at my gym. I always feel like I'm the only one avoiding the treadmills and fighting a dude for the squat rack. Anyone woman I see doing cardio, I don't really care what they are doing.

Swoon!
    Charlie-Sheen-Winning-GIF.gif
  • lebaker310
    Options

Hahaha

Swoon!
    Charlie-Sheen-Winning-GIF.gif

Did we just become best friends?!