Need some new friends to help keep me accountable!

Options
Hi everyone. I'm Katie, I'm 30 years old and I live in Alabama. I currently weigh about 175 pounds, and I'd like to weigh around 145 pounds, which is what I weighed at my wedding four years ago. I need some help to keep myself motivated and to keep me accountable. I want to exercise at least 3 times a week, and keep my calories around 1500 per day. In addition to losing weight, I'm also trying to conceive my first child. In the past two years, I've had 2 miscarriages and have started infertility treatments. If you're TTC as well, especially if you've had experience with infertility, add me as a friend! I will gladly welcome any new friends though, not just women who are TTC. Today is day one - I'm done putting it off until tomorrow!

Replies

• Lucy3410
    Options
    Sending you a friend request! We are all in this together!!
  • franciska12
    franciska12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie,i totally agree with Lucy ...I can't do this on my own anymore!!!
  • puff2tuff
    Options
    Thanks girls! Looking forward to working together!
  • Hello c: Im Kenia , I'm actually 13 years old and weight 99 pounds. I don't think Im doing exercise to lose a lot of weight. I just want to keep healthy, so... Yeah xD
  • tracy_ball
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Katie, I'm 30 years old and I live in Alabama. I currently weigh about 175 pounds, and I'd like to weigh around 145 pounds, which is what I weighed at my wedding four years ago. I need some help to keep myself motivated and to keep me accountable. I want to exercise at least 3 times a week, and keep my calories around 1500 per day. In addition to losing weight, I'm also trying to conceive my first child. In the past two years, I've had 2 miscarriages and have started infertility treatments. If you're TTC as well, especially if you've had experience with infertility, add me as a friend! I will gladly welcome any new friends though, not just women who are TTC. Today is day one - I'm done putting it off until tomorrow!

Our stats are the same!!! I'm looking for the same! Friend me, or whatever it's called. :P
  • todd6977
    todd6977 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    hey now!!
    Thanks girls! Looking forward to working together!
  • ashlydb510
    Options
    Hey there I know the feeling I am 25 years old and weigh 210lbs. I want to get down to 140lbs which is a long weigh to go. I am taking it in smaller strides first goal is to 175 which is what I weighed when I got married 7 years ago. I know I need friends as well to keep me motivated and remind me how far I've come. BTW love the quote of being tired of waiting til tomorrow.
  • Noochie2Timez
    Options
    Heyyy yall.. im new.. feel free to add me :)
  • A_Healthier_Me2013
    A_Healthier_Me2013 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    we have the same weight loss goals so feel free to add me!! i'm also trying to get down to the 140's, or 130's even and eating at around 1600 cals daily (trying to lol) :smile:
  • saracantthink
    saracantthink Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request =) Good luck on the conception! I am hoping to get to 130 lbs, or pregnant, whichever comes first =)
  • pamsway
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Pam and I really NEED, NEED, NEED some accountability partners. I am 60 years old and weigh199, I really want to get down to 150. I have tried everything from weight watchers to nutrisystem and I can't seem to stick to anything. My brother has been tracking his weight loss on here and has done really good. So I'm hoping that with the help of all of you we can kick this. I welcome all the encouragement I can get.
  • puff2tuff
    Options
    Thanks everyone, and Todd LOL I was replying to the people who had responded to this thread! No offense meant... :P

Today was day two, and it went well. I've stuck to my goal (so far) and I'm going to bed soon. Tomorrow I'm going to my sister's house to watch football (ROLL TIDE) and there will be lots of tempting stuff to eat there... I'm gonna come up with a plan tonight and stick to it so I won't overeat. I'm also gonna go to the gym before going to her house so I'll be sure to get my workout in!
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am with you in this trying to get accountable as well. I am also at my heaviest - I weigh around 169 and would love to weigh around 135. I am 5'3 and am 36 years old. My husband and I have been married for 5 years and would love to have a child one day, but thinking I need to lose these extra pounds and get healthy!! Feel free to add me as friend...:smile:
  • reese2787
    Options
    I'm looking for some more motivation buddies, too. I'm 26 and 174 lbs currently. I was 160 at my wedding in 2006, and most comfortable right around 150. I'm also recovering from a binge eating disorder, though, so it's most important to me to keep that in check. I want to lose weight, but I also want to keep the sense of control I've been developing. Feel free to add me, everyone!
  • KirbyT16
    KirbyT16 Posts: 411
    Options
    Sending friend request.

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for over 2 years now. With the help of infertility medication I was finally able to get pregnant this year; unfortunately, we miscarried. I have had a lot of ups and downs these past years and it seems my weight is always on the way up. It is time to change and get into shape.
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey there :)
    I would like to expand my friend base as well. Right now I only have 1 friend whom I personally know. I wouldn't mind some friendly motivation and happy to return the sentiment :) I'm quite excited actually at the thought of making new friends since MFP is international - how awesome is it to interact with people around the world. I'm from Australia.

I have plantar fasciitis and fat heel pad syndrome on both feet so 90% of my weight loss is really going to have come from what I eat (or more accurately what i don't eat). However, I will be incorporating low impact excercise next year once I graduate (I work full-time and study part-time). I've had a gym membership for years so no excuses!

I have been reading a lof about nutrition in the last 2 months (my eyes are just about to go crossed haha) and had a nasty shock yesterday when I calculated my Body Fat Percentage (*shudder*).

I'm 28 years old, and 103kg (227 lbs) and have approximately 40kg to lose (a very daunting prospect!) to get my goal weight. I'm focusing on 5kg at a time...and my short-term goal is to get down to 100kg by Christmas or New Year. I've only just begun my journey with a 2kg loss.

The profile pic (I do actually have a picture of myself) is of my Dream Goal Dress. A constant reminder...
  • Katejohnston000
    Katejohnston000 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I totally feel the same way. First time round I'm actually taking this seriously. I need to loose 40kg to be my ideal weight... I can be very motivational as I know what it does for your self esteem!!

Let's do it all together!
  • jitsuda
    jitsuda Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request. I'm 32 yo F from Mississippi. Trying to get pregnant too!
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)