Restarting and this time I'm motivated!

Hello everyone. I'm Jessica, 20 and from Australia. I'm currently studying at TAFE doing the diploma of library and information services so I can become a library technician :) I'm pretty obsessed with anime and manga too.

I've been on MFP twice now and lost a few pounds but then gained it back because I wasn't motivated enough. But now I'm motivated and determined to not fall off the track.

My goal is to lose 90 pounds and to eat clean as much as I can. I go mostly on the Wii Fit (90% of the time is Step Plus) and slowly getting back into swimming in the pool and also lifting dumbbells. I'm planning to buy a yoga mat in the next couple of weeks hopefully, so I can start yoga as well :)

I'm looking for supportive friends on MFP and to encourage one another to help reach our goal weights.

Anyone is more than welcome to add me on here :)

Replies

• meljoyc
    meljoyc Posts: 3 Member
    My weight loss goal is 90lbs too! I'm happy to join you on this journey!
  • I would love to be supportive for you. I once weighed 222.5 pounds. Today I am about 119, but I am aware that I need to be thoughtful and respectful of calories in and fitness. I am 48 years old, so my wisdom is somewhat with age and trial and error. Oh, and I love food and wine, all things in moderation, right. Anyway, good for you for getting motivated. I am inspired by your motivation. Get healthy, be happy, and love your life.
  • beverlyann1726
    beverlyann1726 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi Jessica! I added you and hopefully I can be some support. It's so much fun to motivate each other that I even created my own Facebook Fit For Life Challenge Group. It's a secret group where everybody posts their progress, thoughts, ideas, success, recipes, whatever they want about fitness and nutrition. If you'd like to join my group, friend me on Facebook @ Facebook.com/bevwalters162 and I'll add you to the group! We'd love to see you there!

I recently just "started over" as well, so let's do this!
  • I would love to be supportive for you. I once weighed 222.5 pounds. Today I am about 119, but I am aware that I need to be thoughtful and respectful of calories in and fitness. I am 48 years old, so my wisdom is somewhat with age and trial and error. Oh, and I love food and wine, all things in moderation, right. Anyway, good for you for getting motivated. I am inspired by your motivation. Get healthy, be happy, and love your life.

Oh wow, congratulations :)
  • Hi Jessica! Thumbs up for having the determination to get your body back on track! Swimming and lifting dumbbells is a good way to loose weight but I can also suggest doing yoga as it will help tone your body and mind.

I am a yoga instructor and practitioner in downtown Chicago for 10 years now and a lot of my students usually get their yoga equipment online, you may want to try amazon or musthaveyogagear to help you find the yoga mat you need.

Sandy Sherwood

http://www.musthaveyogagear.com/