goal to lose 50lbs in 6 months

Options
Just started on fitness pal and i have my goal to lose 50 in 6 months if anyone has similar goals message me and we can keep motivatefing eachother and compare things that are working for weight loss

Replies

• pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal, but I have been at this for 9 months and havent lost but 5lbs...
  • sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Options
    well, I am trying to lose 30+ pounds
    so, if you want you can add me
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    That may be a little too aggressive and could be very hard to stick with for the long term. Fifty pounds in a year is a much more reasonable and achievable goal which many people here have had good success with by averaging a pound a week.

This is hard and it takes dedication and a long term commitment. Setting too aggressive a goal and then becoming discouraged when the inevitable plateau phases of no weight loss for a week or more comes and the ups and downs of water weight fluctuations appear to be making no positive progress is why many people give up and go back to their old unhealthy ways. You have to stick with it to see results and that takes time. Be patient and it will happen. Lots so us have been there and it does take a lot longer than any of us had thought it would or would have liked it to.
  • PhitnessWorks
    Options
    I have the same goal as well, but not in six months I'm pushing for 1 year.
  • PhitnessWorks
    Options
    That may be a little too aggressive and could be very hard to stick with for the long term. Fifty pounds in a year is a much more reasonable and achievable goal which many people here have had good success with by averaging a pound a week.

This is hard and it takes dedication and a long term commitment. Setting too aggressive a goal and then becoming discouraged when the inevitable plateau phases of no weight loss for a week or more comes and the ups and downs of water weight fluctuations appear to be making no positive progress is why many people give up and go back to their old ways. You have to stick with it to see results and that takes time. Bbe patient nod it will happen.
  • shell7432
    shell7432 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just started a fitness challenge 2 weeks ago called Fck Being Fat on Instagram and it has been amazing. I chat with other women online looking to lose weight and we're put on teams to push ourselves for the next 8 weeks. I'm trying to lose 60 pounds total. I have lost 7 pounds in two weeks on the challenge, so this has given me the jumpstart I need to get the weight off. We all weigh in on Sundays, so I'm looking forward to weight loss this week as well. I hope to be down 20 pounds at the end of the 8 weeks and down 30 by my next doctor's appoint in January 2014. I really want this and I want to look my best on my wedding day next year as well! Happy weight loss!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

This is hard and it takes dedication and a long term commitment. Setting too aggressive a goal and then becoming discouraged when the inevitable plateau phases of no weight loss for a week or more comes and the ups and downs of water weight fluctuations appear to be making no positive progress is why many people give up and go back to their old unhealthy ways. You have to stick with it to see results and that takes time. Be patient and it will happen. Lots so us have been there and it does take a lot longer than any of us had thought it would or would have liked it to.
    wow you're a bundle of laughs aren't you. Depending on your starting weight 50 pounds is doable and for the long term. Many people on here have successfully managed it and continue to keep the weight off
  • shell7432
    shell7432 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have been using Myfitness Pal since October 2013. Since I've been exercising 6 days a week and eating clean, I've lost 21.4lbs in 8 weeks! My goal is to lose 60 pounds in 6 months, so I should reach my goal by the end of April. I'm turning 30 in September 2014 and getting married in November 2014, so I want to look and feel my best ever!
  • joshthomas77
    Options
    Good luck with your goal! I recently did exactly that, I am down 50lbs since June 15. I have a had a huge focus on diet and exercise 6 days out of seven, typically for 30-60 minutes a day. Mostly doing a Cardio/Resistance & Strength training mix. It hasn't always been easy to stay motivated but somehow I muddle though. Let me know if you'd like an accountability buddy!
  • md5madman
    md5madman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    48 pounds in about 3 months here. You can do it!

43650410.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sjkcwatson
    sjkcwatson Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 in 6 months - doing it slowly - you can do it if you are consistant and patient. Just keep logging and don't give up.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    good luck! its very aggressive and hard for a lot of people, but definitely possible. I lost almost 100 in 11 months, but, I worked my *kitten* off! if you want it, get it!
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am down over 65 in 7 months..I think at month 5 I was around 55the last two months have been SLOW as I am pretty much now just a hair above maintaince my food is much more "regular" and my exercise is much more realistic to what I can mantain in the "real world! It can be done you add me if you like.
  • Greg50by50
    Options
    I am trying to get down 50 by the time I turn 50 in September of next year. So far I am down about 4 in a month.
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm down 20 pounds in 1.5 months and I have about 50-ish more to lose until I hit my first goal. Feel free to add me! I think a good goal for me is 40 pounds in 6 months, but I'll definitely play along with you. :)