What about fat burners ?

Options
I keep seeing all of these fat burners on the shelves at the supermarket and I am wondering if they really work? I am looking for an extra boost in my weight loss efforts and would like to give them a try.
Have anyone tried these stuffs ?
Thanks

Replies

• momsfood
    momsfood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing all of these fat burners on the shelves at the supermarket and I am wondering if they really work? I am looking for an extra boost in my weight loss efforts and would like to give them a try.
    Have anyone tried these stuffs ?
    Thanks
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    IMHO, all the fat burners, diet pills, even the organic exotic fruit juice extract - all are gimmicks.

If you find yourself in a slump (provided you are eating within your calorie range, and a balanced diet) there are two things you can do:

1. Change your workout (this could even be switching from AM to PM, or vice versa - or doing a new activity). Our bodies are GREAT stablizers - once the body gets in a routine, it will try to maintain a steady set point.

2. Consider using heat to boost your metabolism (only if you don't have high BP, etc.) I love Bikram Yoga (which is Hot Yoga - done in a 90 degree room for 90 minutes). I can lose 2-4 pounds in water in 90 minutes alone (of course all of this weight is not permanant) however, the heat revs up my metabolism, induces sweating (cleansing), and increases flexibility. I only do Bikram Yoga 2-4 times a month (just to keep my body on it's toes - so to speak, smile.)

Hope my two cents helped.
  • mydietplan
    mydietplan Posts: 10
    Options
    I AM ON A CELL U LOSS PILL BEEN ON IT A WEEK OR SO IT IS FOR ONE MONTH WILL TRY & LET YOU KNOW IF IT DOES ANYTHING OR NOT!!
    TERRI
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    IMHO, all the fat burners, diet pills, even the organic exotic fruit juice extract - all are gimmicks.

If you find yourself in a slump (provided you are eating within your calorie range, and a balanced diet) there are two things you can do:

1. Change your workout (this could even be switching from AM to PM, or vice versa - or doing a new activity). Our bodies are GREAT stablizers - once the body gets in a routine, it will try to maintain a steady set point.

2. Consider using heat to boost your metabolism (only if you don't have high BP, etc.) I love Bikram Yoga (which is Hot Yoga - done in a 90 degree room for 90 minutes). I can lose 2-4 pounds in water in 90 minutes alone (of course all of this weight is not permanant) however, the heat revs up my metabolism, induces sweating (cleansing), and increases flexibility. I only do Bikram Yoga 2-4 times a month (just to keep my body on it's toes - so to speak, smile.)

Hope my two cents helped.
  • skyby7
    skyby7 Posts: 8
    Options
    The only "fat burner" that works is Green Tea Extract ECGC. Do your research on it, only buy brands made in US/Canada.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Holy dead thread, Batman.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Who resurrected this 3 month old thread???
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    3 month?? Try 6 years 3 months!!! WTF?
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Oh, there are more.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    3 month?? Try 6 years 3 months!!! WTF?

I stand corrected...
  • marcimlarson
    Options
    i was curious and tried the Razor fat burner, spent alot of money and choked down ever increasing doses as reccommended on the box, clearly a gimmick to make you buy more, in the end sadly no results. same weight as when i started. side effects were nervous jitters, hated that. What worked for me was simply drinking as many glasses of water as i could as a habit everyday, and standing and walking at work 8 hrs a day instead of playing on the computer 20 hrs a day. unemployment made me fat and lazy. working made me busy and not hungry, or bored, or wasting hrs on games. so, skip the fat burners, drink water, and dont sit down for 8 hrs.