Healthy recipes

Options
Does anyone have any healthy recipes they would care to share? that don't call for too many off the wall ingredients

I would love some crock pot meals.. or anyone know a website I could find them on.

Thanks!

Replies

• lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I made this today and it was awesome!

Tomato Swiss Chard Cannellini Bean Soup

Sautee 1 medium yellow onion in 1 Tbsp olive oil.
    Add 1 large can (32 oz) of crushed tomatoes with basil.
    Add 2- 15oz cans of cannellini beans.
    Add 1 container or 3.5 cups meatless sausage style crumbles (I used Wegmans – Don’t Be Piggy).
    Add ½ vegetable bullion cube to 1 cup warm water and try to break up/dissolve the cube.
    Add the following spices to the water: ½ tsp sea salt, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, and 1 Tbsp dried parsley.
    Add the water-spice mixture to the pot and also add 2 additional cups of water .

Mine came out to be 12 cups, so I made it 8 servings at 1.5 cups each.
    Per serving: 220 calories, 28g carbs, 5g fat, 16g protein
  • Jacobedward02
    Options
    Ingredients
    3 eggs (if you want to lower the fat content, the recipe will also work with only 3 egg whites)
    1 cup unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder
    1 1/3 cup date sugar**
    A pinch of salt
    Optional: cocoa nibs, or chocolate chips, or chopped nuts

Instructions
    1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Lay parchment paper onto two cookie pans and grease or spray them with oil.
    2. Blend all ingredients together in a food processor (if you are only using egg whites, then whip these up first until fluffy, and then add in the dry ingredients). Blend until the batter is smooth.
    3. Using a teaspoon, scoop out small balls of batter and place them on to the cookie sheet, with room in between for them to spread. Lightly flatten each cookie ball with the back of the teaspoon.
    4. If desired, sprinkle optional toppings onto the raw cookies.
    5. Bake for 8 minutes, remove from the oven and allow them to cool until the outer surface lightly crusts.

Source : http://www.leanonlife.com/quick-and-healthy-flour-less-chocolate-cookie-recipe/