New, Shy, Scared, and Alone

Options
Hiya,
I'm new, very shy, scared, and starting alone in my goals. I'm not entirely new to the scene of developing a healthy lifestyle; I study nutrition at a university, but I'm still learning the basics of fitness.

I'm a very shy person and because of this I don't talk to many people where I live (or know anyone) because I've been bullied for most of my life. So I have a fairly low self esteem at times; more so in a public situations. I've decided to try taking the solo route for a bit and avoiding public fitness centers and classes for the time being (bad experiences); focusing on physical activity at home to start. In addition, I plan to use MyFitnessPal as a resource to aid me and maybe find connections/support.

I currently weigh 191 lbs at 5'5". My goal is to eventually lose 50 lbs and then eventually a bit more, as well as develop more lean muscle.

I'm open to talking with anyone, I'm basically an open book, and I'm a great listener and open to new ideas and advice.

~Natalie

Reasons to Lose Weight:
-Cosplay
-Become a Role Model
-Decrease Risk of DM and CVD
-Improve my Asthma
-Heighten Self-Esteem
-Learn to Teach/Help Others

Replies

• syemon
    syemon Posts: 50
    Options
    NEW ...... HEYYYYY Welcome to MFP , SHY ..... U don't need to be shy here :) , SCARED ....... NAHHHH your in your own comforts on here don't need to be scared :) and ALONE......... Definitely NOT were all here to help[ each other no-one is ever alone unless they choose to be , YOU HAVE ONE LIFE LIVE IT TO THE MAX , GEt up in the morning and look in the mirror and tell yourself "I CAN DO THIS" "I FEEL GREAT" "I LOOK GOOD" and if you feel a plank you aint shouting it loud enough !!!!! Now go to a mirror and try it ! Add me if u wish im not a total nutter just 99% :)
  • yellhornet
    yellhornet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome,

You will find most people on here are very nice and supportive. Good luck on your weightless journey !

Tom
  • pennelope515
    Options
    Hello. Good luck on your journey.

What do you want to cosplay as btw?
  • ruthhunter336
    Options
    Hi There,

I've only been on MFP for a couple of weeks. I already have a couple of friends who give me some support and encouragement. I've found, the more you put into the forum, the more you will get out.

My goals are not huge, just shifting some persistent post baby weight and toning up the wobbly bits! 15 of us are going away for Christmas to a gorgeous holiday cottage with a swimming pool, so I want to feel comfortable in my swim suit!

Anyway, enjoy the journey and add me as a friend if you want some encouragement.

Good Luck!
    Ruth
  • phyl88
    phyl88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

You have come to the right place to meet your fitness goals. There is no need to be scared, we are all here for the same reasons. Feel free to add me, I log everyday and I talk to my friends daily. Remember: support out = support in. As far as you self esteem goes, be your own biggest cheerleader. If you don't think your worth it, no one else will. I tell myself daily great and wonderful I think I am. Looks like you are well on your way, you already met some great people (above), the rest is up to you. YOU GOT THIS! Good luck on your journey!
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    welcome friend!
  • Malachai76
    Options
    Hi you've made the first step so well done you'll grow in confidence as you start seeing results get some supportive friends as someone else said being active in the posts and you'll soon have plenty of friends. i mainly workout at home due to time constraints i i'm getting the best results i've ever had this way i do beach body products i have done insanity about to finish focus t25 and then i'm doing body beast so there are loads options out there to get you fit. i'll send you a friend request i'm here to help people so feel free to ask me for it
  • LaurensE1
    LaurensE1 Posts: 196 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome :)

You'll meet lots of members that are very supportive and make a couple of friends :)
    Don't worry. If you have any questions, feel free to PM them.
  • Tish
    Tish Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there, so glad you reached out, I'm also looking for friends who are on similar weight loss mission. Feel free to add me if you think we can support and motivate each other. As for the people who bullied you, use them as motivation to eat well and exercise because while they are busy judging people you will be getting fabulously fit and healthy, looking good and feeling great!! Good luck on your journey you are in the right place here for success!!
  • njbh86
    njbh86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sup. If you need someone to offer support as you go, feel free to add me. I'm a nice guy - only killed that one time, and in my defense, I was provoked... ;)
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the journey! You have taken the first step in the right direction, just keep walking. Baby steps... Slow and steady will work in so many ways. MFP is a great resource for information and tracking. And a huge support system. Everyone here was not happy with themselves when they joined so we all know where your coming from and we're dying to have a chance to help you get where you want to be! Sending you a friend request, add me and we can start helping each other today!
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    hey welcome.
  • D0minionconquest
    D0minionconquest Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We are about the same height and weight and have the same goal for weight loss! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! I would never judge or criticize in a bad way to make you uncomfortable! You are in the right place, this site is pretty great about having tons of support and resources.

Good luck!
  • katem78
    katem78 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your decision to start a new way of life!!!

Step by step you will get over all your fears and worries!!!
    it needs time and patience!
    in here you will find a lot of support and believe me there are great people in here!!!!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want!!!

Good luck

xxx
  • KMiYong
    KMiYong Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Natalie :) I am Winter, a bit taller than you and much heavier, but we're a bit alike.. Shy IRL, open book online.
    feel free to add :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Just decide who you want to be.

Figure out what makes you happy.
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Welcome Natalie! You will find a lot of support here. You're definitely not alone.
    I have never wanted to go to the gym either or join a group like weight watchers. I'm not a shy person but didn't like the either of those ideas. I do Jillian Michaels work outs at home and use the tread mill.
    MFP works great for me. I hope it works for you too!
  • tammie614
    tammie614 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    good morning and welcome Natalie,

you'll love it here my fit pals are nothing but supportive you've come to the right place.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have an instant fan base- feel free to add me too!
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    No need to feel alone. There are tons of people on here who are willing to be friends with you and offer support. I am sending you a friend request.