Anyone else......

Ready2lose4ever
Ready2lose4ever Posts: 523
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
doing this so they can have a baby? That isn't my main goal but I do want to have another baby. However, that is going to be a little complicated for me On June 5, 2005, I was blessed with my wonderful daughter Anna Grace, and then on July 14, 2007 I was blessed with my son Jacob. He weighed 9 lbs. 5.9 oz. and was 21 inches long and I had a very hard time having him. That day I decided to have my tubes tied and the next day I did have them tied. I have regreted it ever since. I want to have a Tubal Reversal in the next year or so, but I don't want to have surgery or have a baby when I am so overweight. So this one of my reasons for wanting to lose weight.

Replies

• bump
  • I am not living healthy so I can have another child, but part of me is living healthy for my children.

I live a healthy lifestyle so that I can teach my children in turn how to live healthy themselves. I am their biggest role model and teacher.

I also want to be able to keep up with them and their activities, especially when they get older. My mom wasnt able to do things with me because of her health and I dont want my kids to have to go through that too,

Hope you are able to have your surgery and reach your goals!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    There was a fit for future families thread 1 and 2, but 2 is locked and I can't find the third one. You might want to peruse, that thread, just do a search for fit for future families
  • Thanks everyone
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    We started TTC in June 2009. On September 5, 2009 we lost our angel-baby at 9 weeks. Since then, we have not been able to get pregnant. Every month when TOM arrived, I ate to deal with the pain. The worse the food, the more I ate. We have finally reached the point where we are able to start getting medical help for our infertility and the doctors appointment is in less than 2 weeks. I realized that I was going to be told to lose weight, so I started eating better and working out so that I could at least say I had tried. On top of that, I do not know if I could handle having another miscarriage so I am going to do everything in my power to be as healthy as I can be. Losing weight is a big part of that for me.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Technically, I'm doing this because I have nothing better to do until I get pregnant, but not so I can get pregnant since weight is not keeping me from conceiving. We've been trying for 10 months with no luck, so I decided I might as well get into shape in the meantime.

Here's the link to Fit for Future Families: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/123895-fit-for-future-families-2
  • We started TTC in June 2009. On September 5, 2009 we lost our angel-baby at 9 weeks. Since then, we have not been able to get pregnant. Every month when TOM arrived, I ate to deal with the pain. The worse the food, the more I ate. We have finally reached the point where we are able to start getting medical help for our infertility and the doctors appointment is in less than 2 weeks. I realized that I was going to be told to lose weight, so I started eating better and working out so that I could at least say I had tried. On top of that, I do not know if I could handle having another miscarriage so I am going to do everything in my power to be as healthy as I can be. Losing weight is a big part of that for me.

First let me say I am sorry to hear that you lost your baby. I know what that is like. I lost a baby when I was 18. It was rough. I was already overweight at 18 but not like I am now, but losing that baby sent me in a downward spiral and like you I ate to deal with the pain of losing my baby. I gained a lot more wieght. I was pretty overweight when I got pregnant with my daughter in 2004 and by the time she was born in 2005 I had gained 40 to 50 pounds. I lost a little after she was born, and then in 2006 I got pregnant with my little man. I only gained 18 pounds with that pregnancy. In January of 2009, I started this site and proceeded to lose 52 pounds, but then tragedy struck on May 29, 2009 when My hubby, the kids, my mom and I were involved in a car accident. None of us were seriously hurt and I thank God for that but it does a number on someone mentally. I was driving and a guy came across 2 lanes and into mine in front me me, I had no where to go so I had to just brace myself and prepare myself for the impact that came. I had a lot of stress after that dealing with the insurance company, (mine) since the guy hit us and ran we didn't know if he had insurance or not. The cops got him a week later, but sadly he had no car insurance and was driving with suspended drivers license. I think he went to jail for a little bit but not sure. Anyways, my insurance had to pay to have my van fixed (unisured motorist and I had to deal with them calling me all the time. Sorry, I don't know as to why I went into all of that but I gained all the weight I had lost back plus 3 pounds. Talk about depressing but I have decided that I want to lose the weight again and have my tubes untied so I can have another baby.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    hi!

i'm not doing it to have another baby, but i had a gorgeous lil girl in oct 2008 and then a beautiful boy in nov 2009 so obviously two pregnancies very close together have taken their toll.... my daughter is severely disabled and i'm waiting for genetic tests to come back with whether i can have more children or not(it may be something i pass on) but if the tests come back negative i want to be in the best shape possible for when i have my next child.

i hope you manage to reach your goals and have the tubal reversal you want! good luck!!
  • Technically, I'm doing this because I have nothing better to do until I get pregnant, but not so I can get pregnant since weight is not keeping me from conceiving. We've been trying for 10 months with no luck, so I decided I might as well get into shape in the meantime.

Here's the link to Fit for Future Families: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/123895-fit-for-future-families-2

Thanks and I hope you will be able to concieve and have a healthy baby.
  • hi!

i'm not doing it to have another baby, but i had a gorgeous lil girl in oct 2008 and then a beautiful boy in nov 2009 so obviously two pregnancies very close together have taken their toll.... my daughter is severely disabled and i'm waiting for genetic tests to come back with whether i can have more children or not(it may be something i pass on) but if the tests come back negative i want to be in the best shape possible for when i have my next child.

i hope you manage to reach your goals and have the tubal reversal you want! good luck!!

I have a September 08 girl and a November 2009 boy as well.
    I'm pregnant with another boy, due in December 2010.

I'm also trying to get to a more healthy weight/lifestyle for my kids, but I do hope it will make my fourth and final pregnancy a lot easier on me physically.

Good luck!
  • hi!

thanks so much.
  • bump
This discussion has been closed.