Sugar Baby

Options
hi, i am a sugar baby and i'm concerned that now that i've added sugar to my food diary i've been going over. how much sugar should 1 have during the day? especially when so many fruits and some food have natural sugar in them is this okay?

Replies

• purplenut
    Options
    when you add sugar to your diary it adds the calories so where it is not good to have to much sugar you can stay within your calorie count and be alright
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    I always go over my sugars too, but thats generally because of my fruit. I don't worry about it too much, as its natural sugars, rather than refined sugars (ie biscuits and cakes etc). I am still losing weight and I am still feeling fabulous, so I don't worry about my sugars too much!

Good luck with your goals!
  • Joeysgirl
    Options
    I think you are safe if most of it is coming from natural sugar. The sugar requirement on MFP seems really low to me so I removed it from my diary :) I eat primarily natural sugars so I am not so concerned.

I went through the same questions as you did and had a really hard time finding any good information on how much sugar you should have. I think just keep added sugar to an absolute minimum, try using Stevia for a sweetener, and don't worry about your fruit/natural sugars.
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    I also removed sugar from my food diary. The amounts recommended are ridiculously low and impossible to meet. The natural sugars in fruit should be considered separate from artificial sugars in candy.