Wake up call time ;)

Options
ThePlight
ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
One day I felt like I was dying. No, really, I did.

Long story short..

When I grew up, my mother's cooking was very.. Unhealthy to say the least, so I was never taught to eat properly as I grew up. Too much emotional stress due to her being a single parent and taking her stress out on me since I was her eldest, it really put a toll on me, so I went with food for comfort on top of fatty foods and quick microwave meals. Did I mention I also have asthma? lol. Just keeps getting better and better, eh? ;)

So.. 28 years later, my stomach has said enough, my body is tired. I got up with so much pain one day from eating and it felt as if my stomach would literally explode from within me.
This was my wake up call. I needed to change my life, or otherwise I'd end up dead before I could even reach the age of 50.

So, here I am, trying everything that I can try for my battle!
My boyfriend is trying his best to support me, but when you've been eating badly for 28 years, it is sort of tough to change into a new regimen, so trying to take this slowly and gradually move into a good diet.

I need to change my life before it is too late :)

Hope to see everyone out there.
I'm ready for this :)

Replies

• kjpierce1125
    Options
    Good luck with your fitness goals. I know a lot of people for whom their problem with eating is emotional in nature. It's probably the most difficult barrier to weight loss. The one thing that has helped me is to simply remember that food is fuel. Eat no more than you need to get to the next meal and the pounds will come off.

I am not diabetic, but my blood sugar levels fluctuate pretty wildly after a few hours of not eating. As a result, my hunger is exaggerated, I get extremely grumpy, and then end up overeating to the point that I am sleepy afterward. lol

Everyone has their nutritional vices! Other people have sweets, fast food, or sodas. My is booze. In fact, I would have lost an additional ten pounds, give or take, in the past three months if I had cut out booze. My advice is to pick you biggest vices and focus on limiting or eliminating them from your diet. You can eat "normal" food and lose weight without starving yourself.

Last thing - either join a gym or develop some type of fitness regimen with another person to hold you accountable. With your asthma, I would start walking and see if I could increase to jogging.

I wish you the best. Here's to a healthier you!
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Good luck girl!
    We all have something that sets us off and reminds us to start loving and taking care of our bodies!
    Keep this post handy for the days that you want to give in, and remember why you doing this! :flowerforyou:

Im also 28 so Im adding you!