Click here to make your wildest dreams come true

Options
Okay, so maybe your wildest dreams won't come true, but you get to read my intro anyway! That's something, right?

I'm a 28 year old male out of Ohio, who just moved to NYC about 3 months ago. I'm due to get married next year and frankly, I want to look good in my suit. SO, my fiancé and I acquired Wii Fit Plus and decided to work out on at least an hour a day. I wanted to take my exercise a step higher, and after searching iTunes for 'calorie counter' found the myfitnesspal app.

Now here I am, ready to rock it and do it well. I've actually lost a bit more then what my counter says. I started off at 205 but I was down to 200 when I created an account here.

SO GET READY, BODY FAT! HERE COMES THE PAIN!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    welcome :) you'll love it here, it's a great community
  • purplenut
    Options
    Welcome this is a great place for support
  • Joeysgirl
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Zissman
    Options
    Thanks for the support! This is all so new to me, as my previous concepts of exercise were seeing how long I could play Left 4 Dead 2 without eating.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • kkochend
    Options
    Welcome to the fickle Ohio weather! lol
    Also welcome to MFP. My sister found it and told me about it and I have told everybody I know of it since.
    Good luck in your journeys, the Wii is what 1st got me up and moving as well.
  • cnash81
    cnash81 Posts: 30
    Options
    haha! "left 4 dead 2 without eating". Sounds like my husband's former routine. It's tough to find time to be a serious gamer and be fit. He now plays while riding the stationary bike.
  • Zissman
    Options
    haha! "left 4 dead 2 without eating". Sounds like my husband's former routine. It's tough to find time to be a serious gamer and be fit. He now plays while riding the stationary bike.

I use it as a way to reward myself. I will sit and tell myself "Okay Stephen, put in one hour on the Wii Fit and burn at least 300 calories and you can shoot zombies for the rest of the night."

Not many people know it, but the promise of unloading a shotgun shell in the heads of the shambling hordes of the undead is a powerful motivational tool.
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Dangit - I was expecting Johnny Depp to appear in my living room!!!

Welcome! xxx
  • sherry1957
    Options
    Hello people, I am new to my fitness pal. Actually I ran across this site on accident. I have been thinking about losing this weight and thought now is a good time. I just attended my family reunion last week and when I saw the pictures I realized how much weight I had gained. WOW.....I looked terrible!!!! So.....I have started walking and getting the WII fit board out from under the sofa. I am looking forward to your support and hope to make some friends.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    Lol, well if zombies take over please come to colorado. I'm (stupid i know) scared of them. :blushing: If you wanted to step it up a lil you might try a stationary bike or (thought pricey) an eliptical. Or just a pair of new running shoes and map out a place in your neighborhood. Also, (i have these) Kettle bells are amazing free weights and aren't really that expensive. Well, Welcome and good luck :smile:
  • Zissman
    Options
    Dangit - I was expecting Johnny Depp to appear in my living room!!!

Welcome! xxx

Aw I'm sorry. I can still pretend to be Jack Sparrow for you. Would that help?
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome, hope you succeed in your journy!