Need encouragement

Stef1980
Stef1980 Posts: 7
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello

I’m not new to the site but I was not serious about losing weight at the time. NOW I AM. I thought I could do this on my own, but I see now that I cant. I need all the encouragement, help & advise that I can get.

*peace love happiness*

Replies

• starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Hi, I will help you along the way. We are the same age too!
  • xxthursday09xx
    xxthursday09xx Posts: 85 Member
    ****MOTIVATION!!***
    ****ENCOURAGEMENT!!!***

I understand fully. It's so hard to work for so long at it. I know my issue is I don't see instant results so I figure it's not worth it. I hope you reach your goal. Just remember IT TAKES TIME. And it's a constant process of thinking about what you are eating and when you are going to work out. It's hard work but on here there are SO many success stories and all of them had support from the people on here! Good luck!
  • redgrandma
    redgrandma Posts: 15 Member
    Well done for keeping at it.

I have just joined, I have done 1 month so far and have lost 3 pounds. Not bad considering a weekend away and my husbands birthday.

I have not linked up with anyone else on this web site yet but just recorded my calories and exercise on my own. I wish I had measured my waist etc at the start as although I have not lost much I am sure I am thinner now.

I did go to a group, Slimming world once but didnt like all the rules about what you could eat, it all seemed illogical to me. I would rather just have what I want but keep an eye on the calories.

I read the comments on My fitness pal, some people have done so well, It is good to have encouragement from others, I only have one stone to lose, but it is the same one I have been trying to get shot of for 20 years!! Oh to be size 14 again!

Good luck with your weight loss, best wishes from the South west of England.
This discussion has been closed.