BINGE TRIGGERS AT A PARTY/ SOCIAL EVENT.

Options
As you guys know, Halloween is coming soon. Its literally in 4 days. Basically, my friends and I are organizing pre-Halloween party on the 26th which is tomorrow and as you know it's a BUFFET. I have so little control over myself. In addition, as one of the organizers myself, I picked the menu. So the foods that are going to be served are basically what I like and damn they're delicious. I can't even start. I've been FINALLY binge free for a day and obviously I want to continue succeeding but tomorrow is going to be a hard time for me. The temptation is everywhere. I'm one if the organizers so I can't just leave or run far back to avoid temptations, I'm also possibly handling the food and everything. Any tips and tricks to avoid binging at a party? Not being a pessimist or anything but I've worked really hard for 2 months on this party and I feel like I deserve to party and enjoy but I don't think I can with all the temptations and worry.. What should I do?

Additions: I take medications that basically relives emotional stress and calm me down ( I feel like I get very anxious when I am about to binge. Like for example, after school ends and I want to binge I would literally take a 10 secs shower, my heartbeat leaping like a frog, all my shampoos all slipping to the floor. Should I take one before the party?

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Use small plates. You won't be able to fit as much and it should slow you down. Also make sure you drink plenty of water before the party and during.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    www.sparkteens.com
  • dtorcisi3
    dtorcisi3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Before the day....Exercise Exercise and Exercise. Then don't be so hard on yourself. Enjoy, drink plenty of water and exercise again after the party. You deserve it don't deprive yourself, but remember moderation!
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I NEVER binge in a group setting. I feel like everyone is watching me. Either eat before you go or go there and pick the foods you know are okay to eat.

OR.... enjoy yourself for the night! Eat a little bit of everything (or a little bit of your favorite foods) and call it a day.