Confused

Options

Replies

• cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I only eat back half of my excercise calories because I think that sometimes the calories burned is a little higher than what you acctually burn. :flowerforyou:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Ok....
    Why doesn't your lunch consist of something like this?

Orange/apple
    Chicken or fish (grilled or baked)
    broccoli (or some other veggie of choice, steamed)
    Maybe also a sweet potato

Your lunch sounds very lacking.....TBH
  • ConnorBanthorpe
    Options
    I'm a 1st year apprentice, all my money is spent on rent, car insurance and petrol. 300 quid a month. I simply can't afford to buy chicken for lunch, I'm lucky if I get it for dinner.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I'm a 1st year apprentice, all my money is spent on rent, car insurance and petrol. 300 quid a month. I simply can't afford to buy chicken for lunch, I'm lucky if I get it for dinner.

Ok.

Well, I can't see your diary.....
    But I would recommend your daily targets for your macros be on the order of
    170 - 180 gr of protein/day == 680 - 720 cal
    80 - 95 gr of fat/day == 720 - 855 cal
    190 - 225 gr of carbs / day. 760 - 900 cal
    That should get your 2100 - 2400 calories / day.

If I got your weight right......and assuming 3 days of exercise.

Sounds to me like your diet is lacking is some areas......but as I noted I can't see your diary.....
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I wasn't getting my fruits for sure, now my lunch consists of 2 pears an orange and a muller fruit yoghurt.

try some protein and fat instead of all that sugar
  • duanepuddin
    Options
    Best thing to manage your hunger is drink alot of water. Sometimes people mistake thirst for hunger. Drink lots, I always have a water bottle on the go.

Stay busy. Its when you sit down and watch tv that you think about it. Get out of the house and do something.
  • ConnorBanthorpe
    Options

Ok.

Sounds to me like your diet is lacking is some areas......but as I noted I can't see your diary.....

So I should be doubling my cal intake to keep at 2lb a week loss?

How do I make my diary public?
  • MityMax96
    Options

Ok.

So I should be doubling my cal intake to keep at 2lb a week loss?

How do I make my diary public?

I think 2lbs a week is very aggressive to be honest.......don't treat this like a sprint....it is a marathon....
    It takes time, and you want to make it a lifestyle.

You can open your diary through your profile settings.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    What are you doing for exercise?
  • MityMax96
    Options
    also keep in mind, that some people in their first week can lose 5 - 10 lbs.
    That is usually just a water weight and can fluctuate......

There will prolly be times you lose 2 lbs a week (or more) and there may be times where you lose no weight......

You have to look at the big picture.....and not focus on the little one.
  • ConnorBanthorpe
    Options
    I do a mixture, 30 minutes on a bike in the gym keeping at around 90 rpm, I do a mixture of weights mainly for toning than weight loss, I'm also doing 2 mile runs ( all I can manage ATM ), sit ups every other night 100 total per session, and I'm swimming twice a week 30 minutes breast stroke.

I also play for a football team, training Wednesday and playing competitively on Saturdays.

I'm a goal keeper so not much running haha.

And to be honest iv only been going 4 days and my work trousers feel loose...
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Only 4 days?
    Then give it time mate.....

But I do stick by my caloric intake recommendations.
    And the marco targets I posted.

1400 calories is way too low......
    Doing what you listed for exercise, and doing ~1400 calories, I think you are asking for trouble over the long run.
  • ConnorBanthorpe
    Options
    Yep I fully understand. Marathon and a life style change. Not sprint and quick fix cos it'll go straight back on.

I made my diary public and I'm only getting 5-10 g of fat and others for breakfast and lunch but without my dinner cos it home made and I go by what my mother says...

Hmm
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Yep I fully understand. Marathon and a life style change. Not sprint and quick fix cos it'll go straight back on.

I made my diary public and I'm only getting 5-10 g of fat and others for breakfast and lunch but without my dinner cos it home made and I go by what my mother says...

Hmm

Wow, that is not enough fat or protein. You should be aiming for about 1 gram of protein per lb of goal weight, at the very least 0.8 grams/lb of goal weight, and for fat you should aim for a minimum of 0.35 grams per lb of your current weight. so if you weigh 240 your fat grams should be a minimum of 84 grams, and lets say your goal weight is 180 then your min protein goal should be 144 or more. So this fat and protein intake will give you 1332 calories even if you eat no carbs.
    So now lets assume your caloric intake goal should be 2000 including exercise (TDEE) that leaves 668 cals for carbs, or 167 grams of carbs.
    Goals should be
    Min Protein 144 (assuming 180lbs is your goal)
    Min Fat 84 grams (assuming you weight in the 240lb range)
    Max carbs 167 grams (based on a 2000 cal diet, if you eat less than 2000 lower carbs by that amount)
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Go with erick's numbers or my numbers....I don't care which...
    But your fats and proteins are WAY TOO LOW.

And try not to do "Quick Adds"
    Try and weigh/measure your food for more accuracy.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options

I'm seeing Chinese takeout and a Graze box. Just regular, real food from the grocery store may be more economical.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    2 lbs. a week is for someone who needs to lose 75 lbs. + I agree with the other people you should change it to 1 lbs. a week and eat back attest enough exercise calories so you net 1200. 25%-35% of your calories should be from fat. I have mine set at 30% I eat 49g per day more if I exercise. remember the goal on here isn't just to lose weight its to be healthy.
  • ConnorBanthorpe
    Options
    Yep, no more quick adds iv just found out bout the barcode scan which makes portion sizing abut easier. I was round my nans who cooked for me.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Yep, no more quick adds iv just found out bout the barcode scan which makes portion sizing abut easier. I was round my nans who cooked for me.

Good to hear

Good luck mate.
  • ConnorBanthorpe
    Options
    Thanks for your help, I'll deffentily be taking it on board.