Hi ~ new person here.

Options
Hello All :happy:

Just starting here and hope to not only lose weight, but to learn new ways of living with food. Now that food has become my enemy. Also hoping that there are others here that are diabetic (newly diagnosed here) that will have some good ideas that I can borrow.

Peace to all.

Replies

• daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Not a diabetic yet. Probably will be if I don't lose the weight. Got 50+ lbs to go but, think I'll try with small goals (10lb increments). Just getting back on the site after I'd say 8 months. Gonna give it ye ole try again.... Best of luck to you! If I can be of help let me know.
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you Daniran,

I am hoping I can get the motivation here, that I have lacked in the past. Knowing that I am not alone in the battle of the waistline is going to be a big plus!
  • QuirkyD
    QuirkyD Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    welcome! It's an awesome tool- has helped me immensely. I think support is the key to a weight loss journey.
  • Mickey2u
    Mickey2u Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree it's a great tool. Really has helped me. I am not diabetic but I am borderline. Dr has put me on metformin and I hate it.

I'm hoping to be able to stop taking it.
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Started the Metformin a couple of weeks ago. I want to get to where I don't have to have any meds. I don't agree with the food diary telling me I need a bunch more sugar and carbs. But it does give me totals on what I choose, and has defiantly helped me with meal planning.