Fitbit/body media

Options
Hey, does anyone know about both of these products? Pro and cons? What ones better?

any info would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hubby just got me an early xmas present of a fitbit zip. It connects to mfp (and loseit) so the foods you enter on here will transfer to fitbit's website and as it synchs with your computer you get an update on what your true caloric burn is for the day (or least truer then some of the estimates). I don't really log excersize and am not an avid excersizer, but it will show up on loseit when i go over my daily estimate and put it as excersize. Its pretty cool and It has helped me get back on the wagon for this last round.
  • Jen0414
    Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info
  • momofzkjj
    momofzkjj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit One for a while now and I LOVE it!!! It syncs straight to the fitbit app on my phone and the fitbit app syncs with myfitnesspal. Definitely keeps you motivated to get your steps and stairs in for the day. The battery usually lasts me all week and then it takes no time to charge!
  • slockwood86
    slockwood86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use body media and it is great! It syncs with MFP so you only have to enter your foods once. Helps keep me motivated. :)
  • kristinksmith
    kristinksmith Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Flex, and I got it in June. I love it. I track my food and exercise in MFP and it synchs with Fitbit. I never realized how sedentary my job was -- I thought that with three kids, I moved a lot. I learned that if I don't exercise, I may only get 3,000 steps in a day. "They" say we should be getting 10,000 steps a day. The Fitbit makes me much more aware of when I am ( or am not) moving. OVer the summer I consistently got 10,000 steps a day, but now am getting about 7,000 because work and kids shool/sports activities have been time consuming.

Fitbit also tracks sleep, which is also helpful. If I had waited, I would get the Fitbit Flex, which is just coming out on the market. The benefit of this newest version is that it displays progress right on the wrist band (the Flex doesn't -- you need to synch to a smart phone or your computer) and it also calcuates stairs.

Since June between more movement and better eating, I've lost a happy amount of weight. Good luck!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    bump to read later as I am looking for hrm
  • Jen0414
    Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    They both seem very motivating!