Does anyone ever feel....

Options
this is a bit strange of what im feeling. i have been on this journey since march...but, here lately, i literally almost feel GUILTY and BAD about eating...i feel like everything i put into my mouth, everything i drink (with the exception of water), even if its a carrot or a piece of celery or even a salad with no dressing....i feel guilty about eating...and full....i eat every 2 to 3 hours, 200 cals and under...i feel like i shouldn't be...i know with working out and drinking water and all that, i know i shouldnt worry but i honestly feel.................WRONG for eating.....even though i know that i need to....i feel like the three meals a day should apply but here lately, when i eat every 3 to 3 hours, it feels....like im OVER eating...i cant explain it....i didnt used to feel this way...in fact its how i lost 20 pounds...along with working out just about everyday...

but now, i do...and i dont know whats going on in my brain....i guess its because i dont have the motivation and support around me anymore....its strange, i dunno how to feel or what to feel.

Replies

• GrayJohn
    Options
    Girl you need to eat - if your working out and not eating much your metabolism slows right down. To get more weight loss I recommend you eat a high protein/carb breakfast - around 500 calories if your working out that day.. drinking water helps. It's okay to snack also. It doesn't have to be just fruit - you can pick anything within reason. I have a Snickers bar 2-3 times a week now as a mid morning snack if I know I'm working out later. Your body needs calories to survive and to work properly. Don't starve yourself... eventually your body will shut down and stop working right and weight loss won't happen. Also when you do eat you body will cling onto everything and you will gain 4 lbs at least after a proper dinner. That can be disheartening.

Hope this helps
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You are doing the right thing eatig small meals more often. Be sure each has some fat, carbs and protein in them. Do not feel guilty - think of food as fuel!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    You may need to talk to a professional or something. This definitely sounds like the beginning of an eating disorder and looking at your diary you are DEFINITELY not getting enough to eat on a daily basis. If you are going to go it alone, remember its about changing your mindset- food didn't make you fat, but going overboard did- don't let yourself swing to the the other extreme, it will be just as bad for you.

Good luck!
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    You're feeling down right now which is okay. Think that without food you can't lose weight. Actually that's probably why you're feeling blue. You're probably missing vitamins and that's why you're feeling depressed.
  • tbernard
    tbernard Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Those feelings can be a sign of severe malnutrition. The same feelings are often experienced by soldiers when set free from captivity after being forced to eat tiny rations.
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Girl you need to eat - if your working out and not eating much your metabolism slows right down. To get more weight loss I recommend you eat a high protein/carb breakfast - around 500 calories if your working out that day.. drinking water helps. It's okay to snack also. It doesn't have to be just fruit - you can pick anything within reason. I have a Snickers bar 2-3 times a week now as a mid morning snack if I know I'm working out later. Your body needs calories to survive and to work properly. Don't starve yourself... eventually your body will shut down and stop working right and weight loss won't happen. Also when you do eat you body will cling onto everything and you will gain 4 lbs at least after a proper dinner. That can be disheartening.

Hope this helps

i AM eating...and i dont keep up with my journal on a consistent basis which is why it doesnt look like i do eat.

i am NOT depressed...just feel.......i dunno, i cant place it...Im actually the happiest that ive been since my late husband died almost 5 years ago...im just having an argument with food right now. I KNOW that i have to eat...i AM eating....just feel like im OVEREATING sometimes. (even when im not.)
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You are doing the right thing eatig small meals more often. Be sure each has some fat, carbs and protein in them. Do not feel guilty - think of food as fuel!

i definitely make sure that i get protein. i drink protein shakes, eat eggs, turkey, chicken....just feel GUILTY for eating...and for those that say i have an eating disorder, i HIGHLY disagree...i weigh 137 ( at last check a few days ago...i threw away my scale), i eat every 2 to 3 HOURS and eat ROUGHLY 200-250 cals PER meal. I DO eat...i dont throw up, i dont starve myself...i just feel WEIRD about eating....like im OVER eating.