College Student on Quest to Lose Weight (again)

Hey everyone! My name is Brit, and I'm a student at Purdue University. I'm nineteen and a sophomore, and I find myself to be very busy between an internship, work, and school.
I am currently a little under 200 lbs., and would like to ultimately be somewhere between 150-170 lbs., but mainly I'm focused on eating healthy and exercising regularly. I want to be healthy, not thin.
I have some serious issues with food addiction and overeating. I emotional eat as well, and I'm working on finding ways to replace the comfort I find in food with some healthier.
I run a blog, neverazero, on tumblr, but I am really looking to reach out to multiple communities to meet more people, to help motivate me and others, and to feel accountable.
Feel free to add me! I look forward to getting to know all of you. :)

Replies

• xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Hello, lovely! (You've found me already. :glasses: ) But I wanted to reach out to you to let you know you are soooo not alone!!! I have a serious food addiction (as silly as this may sound to 'normal' people) as well & am working on replacing it with something healthy. I am currently in love with weight lifting and am hoping that as time goes on, lifting is what fills my mind instead of overeating.

I have a tumblr account, but I mostly repost thinspos/fitspos, but haven't been on for a while transformingwoman is my name on there. I couldn't tell you the last time I was on there though. :huh:

It's nice to know a fellow Hoosier! I've met a few on here (besides my family) already & I think it's so neat to have the option to meet up with them in person for a jog or a gym sesh.

Good luck on your journey - I'll be here to support you every step of the way! :flowerforyou:
  • Hi there!

I'd be glad to offer support to you! I'm a 22 year old student :) ill friend you!
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    :flowerforyou: Hello new friend! I find when I get emotional I like to clean the house. I know it's weird but it settles me down. You could try things like going for a walk or weightlifting or punching a bag (I like to do that too). I have eaten when upset emotionally, but usually I just get an upset stomach. You're going to have to try different things until you find something that works for you. We're all her for ya!
  • I'm in the same boat as you! I find it really hard to manage school, work and losing weight! I've sent you a request so feel free to accept and we can motivate each other! Good luck on your journey!
  • caligirleatswell
    caligirleatswell Posts: 11 Member
    I'm a college sophomore too! I'm just starting to try and maintain but feel free to add me anyway! I'd love to support and motivate you!