Ideal Protein Week 1 Success

Options
Happy to share I lost 6.5 lbs and 7.5 inches on my first weigh in on Ideal Protein. Not bad for a week! Woohoo!

Replies

• eksero2k
    eksero2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    7.5 inches in 1 week? Sounds a bit much
  • tinamariecleg
    tinamariecleg Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great job! I did IP for awhile and lost about 12 lbs. Keep at it
  • sugarsugar16
    sugarsugar16 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's great! And 7.5 inches is great for a week. I have weeks where, when I'm lifting and jogging - I lose upwards of 8 inches over my body! Keep it up! :)
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    this is a workout program or eating plan? or both?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    7.5 inches in 1 week? Sounds a bit much
    I assumed it's cumulative.
    1 inch per leg, 2 inches on the hips, 1 inch on the waist, etc...
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Congrats!
  • tiger1194s
    Options
    It is a severe diet plan. You drink 3 high protein, low carbs shakes a day and eat very little (less than 1,000 calories a day!). They actually tell you that you are not supposed to work out. I did this program several years ago and had success getting the weight off but put it and then some back on when I left the program. Everyone else that I know that has used this program ended up with the exact same results that I had. Great short term success but terrible long term success.
  • mncountrygirl79
    mncountrygirl79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had the same doubts about the program-I don't want to lose weight and then gain it all back after I phase out but I have a bunch of friends who had success and have kept if off now a year or more. The most important thing I've learned so far is being conscious of what I'm putting in my body. Time will tell but I'm optimistic :-)