Need a good 4 day split...

Options
Can anyone recommend a good 4 day split lifting routine? I currently do a 3 day full body one, but I am getting a bit bored and would like to lift an extra day a week. Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    How long have you been lifting? Wendler 5/3/1 is a good intermediate programme which can be done over 4 days.
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    Over a year now, I'll check it out! Thanks.
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    Bumping...anyone else? :D
  • mikemc620
    mikemc620 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am another supporter of Wendler's 5/3/1.
  • Kailuadude
    Kailuadude Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Another option would be to continue with 3 full body workouts per week and then add a 4th workout that is different, so perhaps a conditioning workout, or yoga, or whatever interests you.

Also, you can find 4 day workouts in the Turbulence Training library of workouts (membership required).
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of the upper lower split.

Day 1: Upper body,

Day2: Legs

Day 3: Rest

Repeat.

This way you are hitting everything twice per week without a lot of overlap on consecutive days.
  • Mitcher86
    Options
    Another option is Push/Pull/Legs and metcon

Push would be starting with compound movements like push ups or bench press variations, then following with tricep exercises

Pull: pullups, rows, tec. followed by bicep exercises

Legs: exercise quads, hamstings and calves

you can finsh those work outs with core work some days and short high intensity intervals for 4 - 8 minutes (rounds of 30sec exercise alternating with 30 sec rest of things like jumping jacks, mountain climbers, burpees, etc or some combination of exercises) If you haven't tried that type of finisher, it may sound easy (only 4 minutes, right?), but give it a try.

For the metabolic conditioning day, a total body circut workout with light weights or bodyweight exercises