Having a hard time drinking water....but had a great idea!

Options
So I realized over the past few days I have had not a single glass of plain ol water :( I am a mother of a non stop toddler and just forget to stop and take a drink! So today I decided to make a plan. So far so good.....Im drinking my 8 glasses while my son naps and I mess around on here reading others posts. He naps everyday for 2 hrs, so now I have NO excuses and can enjoy the peoples posts as well as work on my own goals :) Just a thought for others out there that arent drinking either. Do it while your on the site and log them in!

Replies

• 0Jaime0
    0Jaime0 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hope that works out for you!! I have a hard time drinking water, also. But recently what I have been doing is going to Sonic and getting a Route44 water, and trying to drink 2 of them throughout the day....so far, so good!! I've only drank Diet Dr. Pepper with my dinner! Best of luck, and enjoy having to go pee 3 times an hour....haha!!
  • nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that had a hard time getting her water down- she did two things. Everytime she walked into the kitchen other then to make a meal, she had to drink a glass of water. Also she drank a glass everytime she went to the bathroom. I know it sounds kind of weird but it worked. She kept a cup next to the bathroom sink so after she washed her hands she drank a glass- it became a habit. And of course the more she drank the more she went... so it helped her alot. I am trying it now myself. :bigsmile:
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I have a 1 year old and I would also forget. SO I got a 20oz water bottle and I fill it 4 times a day.
  • kmhinte
    Options
    Make a pitcher of water and throw in fresh strawberries or cucumbers, whatever you like. It is much easier to get down than plain water and is good for you too!
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The good thing about water is the more you drink it and get used to it. The more your body wants.

And the easiest way to drink more water ,is to only buy bottle water and no other kinds of drinks, you'll have no choice. :P
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kids, am in grad school, and am also teaching so I know how busy it can be. Here is what I do: I buy the 20oz bottled purified water (I like the taste of purified better than anything), I take out 6 bottles (equates to 120 oz) at the beginning of the day. I label each bottle with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 and leave them on the counter. Having that visual reminder, and throwing away one of the bottles (there goes number 4- only 2 more!) helps me get in major amounts of water in a day. I hate the water from my tap- even with a filter. This works for me. :)
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    does it count for water if you mix in crystal light with it? Cause that's what I do and I drink a gallon a day! (and pee 50 gallons :))
  • KristenY18
    Options
    That was hysterical :)
  • newjmf
    newjmf Posts: 78
    Options
    I have several large Subway cups that I re-use. I fill them up with filtered water and ice (I have been told that cold water helps speed up your metabolism). The key to getting my water in has been using a STRAW (of all things)! I can suck it down and it doesn't bother my sensitive teeth!

I hope this suggestion helps!
  • FavDaughter1
    Options
    Yep, I have also found that I drink more through a straw. Strange, but it works!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have a 1 year old and I would also forget. SO I got a 20oz water bottle and I fill it 4 times a day.

I do the same thing. I have a 24oz sport water bottle that I normally refill 2-3 times a day. It's always near me and is safe from my toddler and baby. When I first started using the bottle I was amazed at how much water I was drinking. It's a lot easier to take a drink here and there from a water bottle instead of having to down a whole glass in one sitting.