really need motivation to get back on track

Options
I just simply want to cry.. today i took a good look at my self and I am so upset with what I have done to myself.. I was on a roll doing so great and then life started happening and I gained it ALL back.. I am so aggravated with myself and my lack of confidence in myself.. Please any suggestions on how to get my head out of my *kitten* would be wonderful..

Replies

• addicted2numbers
    addicted2numbers Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Just start by making healthier choices and getting some exercise. You can do it.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're half way there. Just waking up and admitting that it's a problem is a big step in the right direction.
  • projectjamaica
    Options
    I understand exactly how you feel. Three years ago I was a beautiful young woman with a rocking body, and then I got a desk job and now I'm 60 lbs heavier than I used to be. I look at myself in the mirror and cry all the time.

So here's what I did: I forgave myself. Everyone makes mistakes, you've been bad to your body but now you are ready to make amends. Ask your bofy to forgive your mind and compromise to make a change. Start all over. Cling to the memory of what you used to look like, and use that as reference of what you're working towards.

I did it, and I can actually see myself slowly turning into the person I want to be.
  • Tropicalfirestorm
    Tropicalfirestorm Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I nearly did the same thing and would have, had I not allowed bedroom and real life to mix. Now my boyfriend has promised me 30 wacks from the cane for messing up. -whimper- he does it much lighter than what I do to him, but I've never had that many before.

Thus, I feel great. back on track. It's not for everyone, but since I'm already into bdsm (sexually I'm a dominatrix but he's a switch) I thought why not.

Also I just... I saw someone wrote "I forgave myself" (didn't read that post). I honestly think that's the most important thing. Even if you gained MORE weight. Forgive yourself. because if you start to hate yourself you'll feel like giving up.

You can do it, it's no big deal, I'm guessing, since I nearly did the same thing.

I lost 10/12lbs and gained back four/five (I have a bad scale).

No matter how long you fell off, forgive yourself.

It's understandable! It's common!

: D be happy. Enjoy yourself. You are (probably) beautiful!
  • Tropicalfirestorm
    Tropicalfirestorm Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I understand exactly how you feel. Three years ago I was a beautiful young woman with a rocking body, and then I got a desk job and now I'm 60 lbs heavier than I used to be. I look at myself in the mirror and cry all the time.

So here's what I did: I forgave myself. Everyone makes mistakes, you've been bad to your body but now you are ready to make amends. Ask your bofy to forgive your mind and compromise to make a change. Start all over. Cling to the memory of what you used to look like, and use that as reference of what you're working towards.

I did it, and I can actually see myself slowly turning into the person I want to be.

"I did it, and I can actually see myself slowly turning into the person I want to be." It really is about more than just the weight, isn't it?
  • brandi0708
    Options
    Thank you everyone.. I am glad to know that i am not alone.. I know it is mind over matter. and I need to make a plan ans stick to it.. food is my problem.. i love to exercise... ITS FOOD...... any suggestions on an affordable menu. single mom with 3 teenage girls.. work hard and would love any ideas you may have. again THANK YOU!!!!! :):wink:
  • ronaldo4ka
    Options
    Hi Brandi,

Definitely do not beat yourself up. You let yourself go - now pick yourself up. You are on the right path.

Finding inexpensive and versatile foods can be challenging. You don't want your food to taste bland, because then the diet will go to waste and you'll turn to donuts or what not. I myself like to get a good bargain at a grocery store, and frequently shop at a local Grocery Outlet (except for milk products). I just made a shopping list for the upcoming week and here is what I have in it:

Tomatoes
    Carrots
    Bell Peppers
    Broccoli
    Mushrooms
    String Beans
    Fresh Basil
    Apples
    Bananas
    Non-Fat Milk
    Eggs
    Non-Fat Yoghurt
    Pita Bread
    Salsa
    Non-Fat Coconut Milk
    Sweet corn
    Red Curry Paste
    Ketchup
    Jasmin Rice
    Oscar Meyer Turkey
    Light Swiss Cheese
    Non-Fat Cream Cheese
    Chicken Breasts
    Breyers All-Natural Strawberry Ice-Cream

All this food is healthy and not very expensive when you shop in the right place (I avoid going to Whole Foods etc). Most importantly, you can cook a variety of dishes and most canned foods will last for more than one meal.

I hope you don't find my little list inappropriate or anything. I just wish to encourage you, because YOU . CAN. DO. IT!!!
  • Beautifulreflections
    Options
    Pull it out...should work

in all seriousness i'm back after also shoving my head up my *kitten*. Can't wait to look and feel better. Just got to remember how you felt when you were working at it. Remember how that feeling is BETTER than the way you've felt adding it back on. :)

I can honestly say, no matter how good a bowl of ice cream was, the feeling did not compare to the way fitting into a smaller size pair of jeans did when shopping...
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Use a plunger to pull head out? :)

Great post on food above and great on Forgiving yourself.

You're here, and thats a great start. Most people Love food, hence, all the obesity. (not that everyone is obese).
    Its great you love to exercise, then time to find some great foods. There are a lot of web sites with 'skinny recipes' too.

You can do it!
  • ronaldo4ka
    Options
    I can honestly say, no matter how good a bowl of ice cream was, the feeling did not compare to the way fitting into a smaller size pair of jeans did when shopping...

Oh yeah... so true!
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I"m not sure where you live, but check out some of the smaller, discount grocery stores. I'm hopeless with coupons, but I save a bunch by shopping at aldi. The produce is good and if you don't mind store brand, you'll be able to get a lot of your shopping done there w/o resorting to name brands.

I ditto the "forgive yourself" advice. Negative feelings really play into over/emotional eating for many people. You really have to change your head in order to change your diet over the long haul.
  • jeanlake
    jeanlake Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great answer!
  • chtsngiggles
    Options
    So many of us have the same story. I hate even getting into a bathing suit to get into our hot tub, I don't want my husband to see my body. It's so depressing!! I've been with MyFitnessPal for several months, I'm real good for 3 or 4 days, then, off the wagon I fall. I climbed back up on the wagon again on Monday, and I'm hoping to stay on for a long ride. I've been working out with Leslie Sansone walking dvds, and they're awesome. My only trouble is tracking these dvds under my exercise. I put down for about 4 mph for the length of time, but it's also strength training as you walk, and I can't seem to be able to find a way to document it. Anyways, I truly recommend Leslie Sansone dvds. To be able to work out inside, at various intensities, I'm hoping I won't be able to find any excuses as to why I can't exercise! Hang in there!
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I suggest Dole Romaine Lettuce bags, chicken breasts, brown rice, sweet potatos and cabbage. I know fresh fruit is expensive but try to get in some apples and blueberries as often as you can. And....water, water, water. Saves tons of money on soda, juice, coffee, etc. Cut out all sugary drinks and you will drop lbs and save cash. God Bless!!!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I just simply want to cry.. today i took a good look at my self and I am so upset with what I have done to myself.. I was on a roll doing so great and then life started happening and I gained it ALL back.. I am so aggravated with myself and my lack of confidence in myself.. Please any suggestions on how to get my head out of my *kitten* would be wonderful..

Sometimes it takes hitting bottom to push us to do things. Feel free to add me if you want. I am in the same boat. I dropped to a wonder 118 about 4 years ago and now I am back to the highest I have ever weighed...even with pregnancy. I have started back several times and finally have lost 10 lbs of it but still have a lot to go. Willing to help however I can.

We are all in this together!!!!
  • sugarmomma3
    Options
    I've been doing that my whole life! Dont beat yourself up. Thats why its better to lose weight gradually so eating healthy and making changes to your lifestyle stick. Start over and try to stick to your diet for 90 days. Any learned behavior can become an unlearned behavior after 90 days. Hang in there, dig deep. You'll get there.
  • womblesgirl
    womblesgirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I fully understand how you are feeling , i lost a fair bit of weight, started getting compliments then Christmas happened, I went on holiday, I got lazy and guess what......the weight crept back on :( I've sadly done this twice now over about 10 years ( most of those 10 years I have been over weight) soooooooo we both have to pull our heads out :) third time lucky for me :)
  • jessucc2029
    Options
    You are not alone!! That is me and so many other people. Just less than a week ago I was right there. Ten yrs ago I was 350 at my highest. I got all the way down to 190! Slowly started gaining...... And after having a baby(no excuse) 3 months ago gained it almost all back. I was 283 and just so disgusted with my self. So I did a 3 day protein fast. three meals three snacks all protein. One gallon of water. In those three days I lost 4 lbs and I am back!! I finally got going on using this app which has helped a lot. I'm planning my food every three days so it's not so much, and started my workouts again. I want to get down 20 lbs before the holidays. Sometimes we gotta just press the restart button and not even think about what's already done. Because that holds you back. So just do it, go to store today and start eating clean. Don't do the "I'll start on Monday" thing start today! Hope I was helpful, keep me posted.
  • projectjamaica
    Options
    Sometimes you just need support from friends. Feel free to add me :)
  • projectjamaica
    Options

"I did it, and I can actually see myself slowly turning into the person I want to be." It really is about more than just the weight, isn't it?

It is. I've become a much stronger person. Loving yourself is probably the hardest thing anyone could do, and I'm getting there little by little, pound by pound, broccoli by broccoli haha. :)