rest day

Options
hiya,
just a bit of advice needed about rest days. Is it a rest day if i do light exercise?!? im thinking a small jog as i know by the end of the week i wont want to do anything but i know you should have rest days! is it ok to have one rest day a week?! is it wrong to jog everyday?
any help would be great
xxx

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You can exercise every day, no problem. If you are doing strength training your should rest a day in between though, but I know some who strength train every day but work a different muscle group to give the one a day of rest.

On my "rest" day I just take my dogs for a walk to still make sure to get in some physical activity. Rest days don't mean spending them on the couch . . . ha ha.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Good question. I usually try to listen to my body. Recently, we I did some serious fall landscape/clean up and opted to use those days as a "rest" day...although I must admit I was sore the next day. I will jog/run several days in a row but do try opt for another type of exercise once or twice a week just to switch it up. This might even be walking. Since I started all this I am so much more active so a day of light exercise seems like a rest. I'd say listen to your body. If you're feeling tired after several days of jogging maybe switch it up with a yoga or pilates dvd.
  • piquilter
    piquilter Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm taking a rest day and usually do some Wii Fit stuff.
  • Helly86
    Helly86 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies. needed advice!!

fink im gonna do summit dif like spin! even tho its not low exercise its something i havent done for a while and fink i could have a break from running!! its that ir pilates! lol

my body says keep going so i will :)