Don't forget why you started this journey.

Options
Does anyone feel like they are not beautiful and will not be beautiful until they hit their goal weight? I kind of feel like that but I am tired of feeling that way... Here's to losing weight to be healthy and to gain confidence... Sometimes we tend to forget why we started in the first place.

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    In order for me to even have started this weight loss journey I had to accept myself as big as I was...however, I still have weight to lose and I'm loving how my clothes are fitting, but let me see my *kitten* and thighs in a mirror and I'm back to hating it all...then I realize it's a work in progress...
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You have to love yourself enough to put the time and effort in to make it even better. I started because I did not want to be on a bunch of pills. I already have to be on thyroid medication for the rest of my life. I did not want to start cholesterol meds then blood pressure meds then diabetes meds or whatever order they would come in. For me losing weight did not make me confident, my confidence helped me lose the weight.
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing ladies :)
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    to be perfectly 100% honest, i started this because i was unhealthy.
    my cholesterol was high and my mother had a heart attack & stroke. i really just wanted to be able to run and play with my daughter, and to be healthy like i was when i was young. losing weight was the only way i could get to that point. i was heavy, i was tired, and i was out of shape & unhealthy. i think i'm beautiful no matter what size i am, but i want to live a beautiful LONG life and i wasn't going to be able to do it being overweight and unhealthy. (not everyone who is overweight is unhealthy, i do understand that, i am just speaking for myself)