2nd week didnt lose weight!

So at the end of my 2nd weigh in iv just weighed myself and nothing. i took a few readings lol just in case.

i have lost an inch of my bum/hips so not all dissapointing but why is this. I exercised more this week and was sooo busy and ate really well no crap not too many carbs pleanty of protien and a rest day from exercise! grr i lost 4 lbs last week so naturally this week feels like a fail i am not going to give up as i have to carry on. But do i stick to eating below calories do i try to reach them or do i have to exercise more.

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Weight loss is not linear. Eat to your calorie goal, stick to a set exercise routine. Have patience. You're averaging 2 pounds a week, which is above average.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    there are weeks i don't drop pounds either....:(
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    You exercised more so you'll be retaining more water
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Water retention from working out can mask weight loss. Also, as stated above, weight loss is not linear. Some weeks there will be a drop, some a gain, some not at all. It happens. Don't focus so much by the number on the scale, go by how you feel, how your clothes fit, and how your measurements change.
  • thank you all you've all be been helpful and nice to feel encouraged by people iv not had that before had an off day with food and i am hosting a parrty tomoz then i will get bk on track! also found out i have a water infection and told that can add to water retention. so thank yo all xxx