58 pounds gone with pics

Options
I don't really have much of a story to tell. I've been overweight all of my life. As a kid, I was one of only 3 overweight kids in my elementary school so I was made fun of quite a bit. I hated it. Last year I was turning 50 and decided it was time to make some changes. I tried to do it on my own and lost 30 pounds from April to November, then gained about 10 or so back over the holidays. I was feeling pretty discouraged until a friend introduced me to MFP in February. Since then I've made several new friends, learned a lot about myself and my habits, and I've lost another 38 pounds, bringing me to a total loss of 58 pounds! I'm smaller than I ever was, even in high school.

The secret to my success? I stopped making excuses for myself. I started running in April and have participated in 3 5K's to date. I exercise 5-6 days a week for 30-45 minutes and I eat about 1800 calories a day. I'd like to start lifting heavier in order to lean out just a little more.

For those of you who have tried and failed, or are afraid to try - don't quit! Do something every day to improve your lifestyle. You don't have to sacrifice good food. I eat everything I've ever eaten, just in smaller quantities and I exercise to burn some of it off. It's a simple formula.

Here are my before and afters:
Before_zps5d993461.jpg5f645c4b-24a9-41cc-a47c-ebeee63b8c25_zps6078914e.jpg

Replies

• conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hmm, couldn't get the pics to show.

Never mind, I got it!
  • projectjamaica
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
    I hope someday I can write a success story like this one :)
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Hmm, couldn't get the pics to show.

I see you fixed it.

Very nice transformation, by the way. :smile:
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Well I could see the pictures by cutting and pasting into my browser and I must say it was worth the effort. You look fabulous - and so much younger it is unbelievable. Good for you.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    For some reason, I can never see anyone's pictures they post, but I can see your profile picture and you look fabulous!! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well I could see the pictures by cutting and pasting into my browser and I must say it was worth the effort. You look fabulous - and so much younger it is unbelievable. Good for you.

KookyK9, your CC is adorable!
  • ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, so inspiring! Great job!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Brava, Connie Maxwell!
    I plan to get a nice black pencil skirt like that one,
    as soon I get to my intermediate goal weight.
    Best wishes, and enjoy your accomplishments!
  • hatedrow90
    hatedrow90 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!
  • happyindian
    happyindian Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job....You have inspired me to keep going!! Thank u!!
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you look fabtastic :)
  • StephanieStC
    StephanieStC Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! I, too, hope to be writing a success story one day AND buying a black pencil skirt. :)
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You look amazing!
  • frumpburger
    Options
    Nice job!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    You look great well done:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I'm 48 (and 1/2) so I'm trying to get my act together before the big 5 oh. It's nice to know we can still look gooooood
  • DanaLeeG2
    DanaLeeG2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! I am at the beginning of my journey. Hope I can press on as you have. Thanks for the encouraging words.
  • sushpandey
    sushpandey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous honey congratulations well done , you look milliondollor.
  • JenLakersFan
    JenLakersFan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, look at your arms!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!