Moisturizers

Options
Ladies - Have you found a moisturizer that you really like for helping to not end up with the sagging skin?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Face or body?

I look for ones with Q10 in them.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Body. I'm kind of afraid to use one of the "skin firming" ones. Seems like if you stop using it, your skin might be saggier than ever.
  • amaodonnell
    amaodonnell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Check out Arbonne! I use their protein powder, but they have an excellent all natural facial line that actually works!
  • Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I make an all natural organic body butter that gets gushing reviews from people with eczema and painful rough heels - they swear its magic lol.
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Palmers Cocoa Butter.
  • suemichele
    suemichele Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well for my face I use St. Ives Timeless Skin...and for a body one I use anything from Bath and Body Works...for awhile there I seemed to have a fetish with lotions...lol
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i use whatever i find at $1 store and sometimes use noxzema as a moisturizer (rub it in, leave it on)
    i have really great skin, but honestly i think it's genetics. my grandmother is 90 and is often mistaken for her daughter's SISTER, no kidding.
    i only wash my face if absolutely necessary, don't wear make-up, and use water mostly to just "rinse"

for body, i use bath & body works, whatever beautiful wonderful smells my mom buys for me :smile:
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Body. I'm kind of afraid to use one of the "skin firming" ones. Seems like if you stop using it, your skin might be saggier than ever.

when i was pregnant last year i bought palmer's cocoa butter firming and then another kind that was to prevent stretch marks, it was like an anti-sagging. i used one on left leg/thigh and the other on the right leg/thigh. after 3 months of use, i could tell NO DIFFERENCE, and they were expensive. now i just use B&BW.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    What has worked wonders for me is prescription Retin A. It's not a moisturizer but it actually boosts collagen production and cell turnover. People usually think I am 8-10 years younger than I am. You have to use it with a gentle moisturizer at night and sun screen during the day. However, it's clinically proven to work. I pay about $80 for a generic tube and go through about 2 tubes per year. I actually spend less than I was on costly moisturizers with Retinol in them that didn't deliver nearly the same results. Start with the lowest concentration, even mixing with moisturizer or using every other day. The first 3 weeks are hard but if you take photos of yourself, you will see amazing results in 6-8 months!

Oh gosh, I just realized you meant body. Sorry!
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    That's okay. I should probably look into that as well.

I see you live in Montana. I LOVE Montana. You are lucky to live there.

What has worked wonders for me is prescription Retin A. It's not a moisturizer but it actually boosts collagen production and cell turnover. People usually think I am 8-10 years younger than I am. You have to use it with a gentle moisturizer at night and sun screen during the day. However, it's clinically proven to work. I pay about $80 for a generic tube and go through about 2 tubes per year. I actually spend less than I was on costly moisturizers with Retinol in them that didn't deliver nearly the same results. Start with the lowest concentration, even mixing with moisturizer or using every other day. The first 3 weeks are hard but if you take photos of yourself, you will see amazing results in 6-8 months!

Oh gosh, I just realized you meant body. Sorry!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    link to an article I stole from Stroutman81

http://www.burnthefat.com/loose_skin.html
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Creams don't really do much for loose skin. Lose weight slowly and incorporate strength training into your workouts. You may still have some loose skin, but give it time and you will probably notice it tightening up. You may always have it, though. There is no way to know how elastic your skin is.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I'm trying to only lose a pound a week, but so far I've been losing two. Still tying to get my number of calories right. I'm concerned though, since I've had this weight for 16 years now, and because of my age.