No More Excused -- Week 49

Options
Well nearly everyone did awesome this week. We had unbelievable results altogether.

With that said, Atotal180 lost over 10 pounds this week alone!!!! WTG. Awesome start. Ok, you get to set our challenge for this week, so let us know what it is.

As for me, samo samo, still trying t get back into the 5 day a week routine of weighlifting and running, and my diet is not as hardcore as it once was, but I definately eat better than I did.

MFP-50.jpg

So for anyone who wants to join...........1st off Welcome!!!!!!!

During your 1st week in the group, send me your starting weight, last Sunday's weight, and this week's Sunday weigh in. All information must be sent to me by noon Central on Monday. All subsequent week's you just have to give me your current weight from Sunday by noon on Monday.

This is an open group, and we love to have new people join. If you want to join, go ahead and start posting, tell us about yourself, and why you are wanting to lose wight, many of us have been doing this diet thing a while and may be able to answer a lot of our questions!!!!

Replies

• lmpopz
    lmpopz Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join! I am 33 years old and single. That has its pluses and minuses. One of the positives is that I can create meals that I like that are helathy, the negative is that it is super easy to eat junk! No one holding my accountable. I do pretty well with the food though. My biggest obstacle is by far exercise. UGH!! Cant seem to get motivated to do it very often! I think this group will help!
  • erbs
    erbs Posts: 12
    Options
    WOW! Everyone did great this week!

My weight seems to fluctuate so much! Does anyone else feel that way? I’m between 3 pounds.. I’ll be 147 one day and 144 the next then back to 146 and so on. It’s a little frustrating when I go back up and have been following my diet very strictly. But hopefully after this week it will be more consistent!

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Hope all is well! Goodluck with this week! Keep it up! :)
  • atotal180
    Options
    So here's the challenge, try to complete it if you can . . . I know real life takes over sometimes. I challenge everyone to complete cardio for at least 45 minutes three times before next Sunday's weigh-in and on one day this week eliminate one "treat" you may give yourself. I hope everyone has a good week and GOOD LUCK!!! :wink:
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Jack. I know where you are coming from in regards to the workouts and diet. Hang in there though because I know we can do it.

Congrats to all the losers this week. Way to go!!!

Great challenge atotal180. Believe it or not the hardest part for me will be the treat portion. That's the area where I always cave in to my temptations.

Hope everyone has a great active week. Hawkeye
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Jack, thanks for the chart!

Atotal - awesome challenge, thanks!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options

My weight seems to fluctuate so much! Does anyone else feel that way? I’m between 3 pounds.. I’ll be 147 one day and 144 the next then back to 146 and so on. It’s a little frustrating when I go back up and have been following my diet very strictly. But hopefully after this week it will be more consistent!

I fluctuate a lot two... my weight is higher tues-thurs... and seems to drop a little over the weekend. so frustrating. i hear ya! :)
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Great Job, atotal180!
    Had to work my butt off to squeeze out the 1 pound loss and still fluctuate like you other ladies had mentioned. Back up a pound as of today. Try not to weigh too often b/c I get really frustrated.

On a more positive note...
    Happy Tuesday everyone!

Took and passed my test yesterday! Been a little busy today. My oldest daughter is at home sick and found out she has mono. She's feeling okay, but I've been preoccupied taking care of her and the little one. Still got a 30 min. walk in and did some light housework.

Hope you are all having a good week so far. Don't know how much I'll be able to post considering my home life right now. Talk to you soon. Stay motivated! Thanks for the chart, Jack!

Christy
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Great Job, atotal180!
    Had to work my butt off to squeeze out the 1 pound loss and still fluctuate like you other ladies had mentioned. Back up a pound as of today. Try not to weigh too often b/c I get really frustrated.

On a more positive note...
    Happy Tuesday everyone!

Took and passed my test yesterday! Been a little busy today. My oldest daughter is at home sick and found out she has mono. She's feeling okay, but I've been preoccupied taking care of her and the little one. Still got a 30 min. walk in and did some light housework.

Hope you are all having a good week so far. Don't know how much I'll be able to post considering my home life right now. Talk to you soon. Stay motivated! Thanks for the chart, Jack!

Christy

Sorry your kids are sick! My son had Mono when he was in the 1st or 2nd grade. He felt fine after about a week but he still gets tired very easily and he is now 15 years old.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

I fluctuate a lot two... my weight is higher tues-thurs... and seems to drop a little over the weekend. so frustrating. i hear ya! :)

I have been bouncing between 155-157 everyday. I know it is frustrating.
  • lmpopz
    Options
    I love this challenge!
  • lmpopz
    Options
    So here's the challenge, try to complete it if you can . . . I know real life takes over sometimes. I challenge everyone to complete cardio for at least 45 minutes three times before next Sunday's weigh-in and on one day this week eliminate one "treat" you may give yourself. I hope everyone has a good week and GOOD LUCK!!! :wink:

Haha..i meant to quote this...i love.this challenge ;)
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi all...Had a busy day today. I'll check back tomorrow. Congrats to the losers. Love the challenge! Thanks for the chart Jack!
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Hello everyone. I see our group has grown. I am back after taking a break. Decided to take some stress off myself with worrying about what I was eating, doing, etc. and I started losing again. I will officially weigh in on Sunday/Monday. In case you lost me Jack my starting weight was 155. Today I as 147.2 - so I am encouraged.

Everyone have a great day. My goal is 125 nby Christmas. Can I do it!!! I hope so. I have 3 months. for 22 pounds. Could be tight.

smwert
  • Avalon203
    Options
    Thanks very much for the chart Jack! I fluctuate a lot too!! Looks like this is pretty standard :-) Really love the challenge too, thanks for that! Manged to get in about 60mins of cardio yesterday so one down 2 to go!! Had a bit of a slip up today...forgot to take my lunch to work with me so went to the shop and bought a pasta salad but didnt read the nutritional info properly! Thought the calories stated were for the whole pack but were actually just for half, OOOPS!! Had almost 600 calories for lunch...So will defiantely need to do the 45mins of cardio tonight so I have enough calories left for my tea :-) Have a good week everybody!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...Hope you are having a good day. I just finished working and am ready for lunch. I spent most of yesterday running errands and today I plan on taking a nap. The roof job got put off til tomorrow due to rain this morning so my house is nice and quiet :yawn: We are having homemade baked beans and rotisserie barbecue chicken breasts for supper. Those beans in the crock pot smell sooo good. Today at boot camp we did the P90X DVD of plyometrics and it kicked my butt. We are halfway through our class and so far I've lost 15 pounds. Now if only I could lose 15 more in the next 5 weeks I'd be at my goal. See y'all tomorrow.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Happy day everybody! Been to the gym and had a great work-out. Busy with housecleaning and then have to take youngest to a dr. appt to make sure she is healthy enough for her surgery on Friday. It is dental surgery so hopefully all will go well.
  • erbs
    erbs Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello all! Hope everyone is having a great day! Just checkin in! :) Havent had any time to hit the gym this week.. so im just making small adjustments to my schedule, such as walking to class instead of driving. And being VERY strict on my diet! So far I havent had any problems sticking to it but I have a feeling its about to get harder!! :frown:

Enjoy the rest of your week!

"The only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. "
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Morning Team,

Hope everyone is having a great active week thus far. I have been good about getting my workouts in and staying within my calories for the most part. A few small slip ups here and there, but nothing to significant.

I am not sure if anyone else has found the 100 push-up free site (and 99 cent iphone ap), but it's a great workout for anyone looking to increase their upper body strength. I have been only doing it for a few days, but man what a burn. Check it out if you are interested. http://hundredpushups.com/

Have a great rest of the week and weekend. Hawkeye
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...I've been MIA for a few days. My computer crashed on me again. That makes it really hard for me to get my typing done. No typing = no paycheck:angry: My hubby had to strip it back down and reinstall all the stuff again. He worked on it over 12 hours yesterday. I have been stressing over it and have been eating everything that is not nailed down. I am really fighting the urge to snack constantly. I am one week away from TOM so maybe that is part of it. My goals this week are to make it to my class all four days. I missed two last week while they were putting on the roof. I was the cook/errand girl. But it is done now and that can no longer be an excuse. My calorie goal dropped down as my weight did so I am also trying to eat about 80 cals less per day. Hope you are all doing well and have a productive week.
  • sltb
    sltb Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello all,
    I would love to join you all. I need accountability. I have gained 20 lbs over the past few years and although my height makes it less noticeable than it should be, I feel terrible. I woke up today and decided enough was enough. It's 1:00 - too early to declare a great first day! Lol. So....I weigh 160lbs (yikes) with a goal weight of 145 lbs. I'll be around! Thanks for the support!