Protein Powders

Options
Hey Everyone,

I was reading around and I was wondering what Protein Powders were the best and where do you guys purchase them from? I was thinking about upping my protein :)

Replies

• pizzy
    pizzy Posts: 47
    Options
    GNC Pro Performance AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 - Chocolate

i use this one its not bad at all and it is a fast acting protien so it gets into your system faster, its one of the best. i highly reccomend it.

its got 280 cal per serving which is 3 scooops and 60g protien
  • msstonediva
    msstonediva Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hi,

i ordered the generic brand from gnc... the berry flavor, not so bad and it's 25 g of protein per shake...
  • jthibodeau
    Options
    I use two kinds of protein one with carbs for breakfast and one without the rest of the day. I use Optimum Nutrition Oats and Whey for Breakfast and then a plain Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate for afternoon snack. I get the first two from Vitamin Shoppe the have an online site also if you do not have them locally. Sometimes I use Nutrex protein powder also.
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I drink a Pure Protein shake every morning. They taste AMAZING, have 26g of protein and are low sugar/lower carb. The reason it appeals to me so much is that they come pre-mixed in little bottles and I can grab and go in the mornings!
  • introvert
    introvert Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a deal, Target usually stocks Pure Protein and EAS. They offer 2 lbs for a really good price and occasionally go on sale. Both are pretty good protein bundles without a lot of fillers, calories, etc. I prefer EAS. Don't bother with GNC, they're way overpriced on almost everything they carry. If you want to look elsewhere, VitaminShoppe (local or .com) or Amazon are great places to go with killer prices.

Remember to stick with Whey or Soy Protein "Isolate" (or something with Casein). They keep the protein content high and calories low. All of the other stuff tends to be meal replacement oriented and packed with fillers rather than just being a protein & amino supplement.

EAS, Optimum Nutrition and Vitamin Shop's "BodyTech" are some of the brands I've tried and prefer. EAS arguably tastes the best. Stay away from Cytosport/Muscle Milk.
  • taralynn06
    Options
    I drink protein shakes every morning and i buy the super advanced whey protein... it comes in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, cookies and creme, and i think fruit punch (i've never tried that kind) but its super yummy and i just add water and ice and blend it... when i drink the chocolate i brew some coffee and let it cool and mix that instead of the water and its a good mocha drink :) I buy mine at walmart and its $14.92 or something around there for 2lbs... and each container lasts a long time! each serving is 2 scoops and has 52g of protein and depending on the flavor varies from 240-290 calories per serving... i dont like eating breakfast so its a good way to jump start my metabolism and getting all the protein definitely keeps me full until lunch!
    hope this helps, and good luck :)
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    See if you can find either Iso Flex whey protein in chocolate or chocolate peanut butter, or gold standard in chocolate on Amazon. You can usually get them at a discount. They're both lower in carbs (1-2g per scoop) low in calories 118-120 per scoop and high in protein 25-27g per scoop. And they're delicious!
  • AlexaRae12
    Options
    I know Jillian Michaels has whey protein on her website for like 12 bucks...I havent tried it but it probably works.
  • GoodBye_Fatty
    GoodBye_Fatty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    May try this...do you use it as meal replacements?
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Isopure no carb or optimum nutrition double chocolate!!!!
  • randilea
    randilea Posts: 140
    Options
    If you're looking for a deal, Target usually stocks Pure Protein and EAS. They offer 2 lbs for a really good price and occasionally go on sale. Both are pretty good protein bundles without a lot of fillers, calories, etc. I prefer EAS. Don't bother with GNC, they're way overpriced on almost everything they carry. If you want to look elsewhere, VitaminShoppe (local or .com) or Amazon are great places to go with killer prices.

Remember to stick with Whey or Soy Protein "Isolate" (or something with Casein). They keep the protein content high and calories low. All of the other stuff tends to be meal replacement oriented and packed with fillers rather than just being a protein & amino supplement.

EAS, Optimum Nutrition and Vitamin Shop's "BodyTech" are some of the brands I've tried and prefer. EAS arguably tastes the best. Stay away from Cytosport/Muscle Milk.

I tried EAS the other day and LOVED it!!!
  • Bamacraft
    Bamacraft Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    EAS is great. They have several flavors, sizes, etc to shoose from. I prefer the pre-mix 11oz and the 14oz. i stash a few at home and work. They have light versions too.
  • Mesmereyes
    Mesmereyes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BUMP! This is great info! Thank, all!
  • Mesmereyes
    Mesmereyes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BUMP! This is great info! Thank, all!
  • piquilter
    piquilter Posts: 119
    Options
    I use EAS whey protein, vanilla. I add it to a glass of milk or put it in my smoothies if I feel my protein for the day is low.
  • introvert
    introvert Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    EAS is great. They have several flavors, sizes, etc to shoose from. I prefer the pre-mix 11oz and the 14oz. i stash a few at home and work. They have light versions too.

I'm a HUGE fan of their pre-packaged shakes. Especially EAS' "CarbControl". They're only 110 calories! They're semi-low on protein at 17 grams or so, but they're super convenient, taste great and have a few other good nutrients.
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    Aria. I really like it, and it is women specific and all natural :)
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I like BSN Lean Dessert Banana Pudding. They have a bunch of different flavors.