losing pounds but not inches?

Options
ive been told i look thinner, however, i fell like my belly looks the same (or bigger) than when i started.. that makes me sad cause thats what i want to get slimmer. any advice? i was 144 and now am 128

p.s -im short (exactly 5 feet)

Replies

• gahdess59
    Options
    Hi do you do crunches? I have never believed the crunch myth however I have never tried it. I am currently on a mission to try them though. Daily I do at least 200. I have found that they are easier to do while I watch tv....on the commercials of course. After a set of 50 I do 24 leg lifts. Repeat the crunches and do leg lifts on the other side. I do this during all of the commercials. Hopefully in the next 30 to 60 days I can give a great update. Best wishes
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    ive been told i look thinner, however, i fell like my belly looks the same (or bigger) than when i started.. that makes me sad cause thats what i want to get slimmer. any advice? i was 144 and now am 128

p.s -im short (exactly 5 feet)

Tape measure :) Use several places. I do 3 measurements for my midsection alone, and one of them hasn't changed yet while the other two have. My other measurements have all gone down.

Your midsection might not show the loss as fast as other parts, and that's normal. I know from experience that my navel measurement will go down soon, just not yet apparently :)

If folks notice that you look thinner, I'm sure you are losing inches. You have to actually measure them to always know it. I've lost more on my lower tummy than I'd thought!

I didn't show any change on the tape measure at first, but I could see my lower thighs and knees getting fat-free. I don't measure there, lol. You can lose weight subtly all over, too, so do make sure and track it.
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Your eyes lie to you (most people's do). Have you taken progress pictures? Measured yourself during this time? Do your clothes fit differently (or are starting to)?

Like a PP said, if people are noticing the difference, then you will have lost inches off you. Start measuring now, take a few pictures and compare them to any you had when you weighed more. I would be shocked if you didn't notice a near 20lb difference.
  • jbolarinho88
    Options
    thanks everyone for your feedbck :) im not gonna give up!
  • VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have also lost pounds but not inches. I have lost 8 lbs but my measurements are exactly the same as when I started. I still wonder where those 8 lbs came from!
  • jbolarinho88
    Options
    I have also lost pounds but not inches. I have lost 8 lbs but my measurements are exactly the same as when I started. I still wonder where those 8 lbs came from!

exactly right!