need some help...

Options
So here I am back at the top of my weight again.

I feel so embarassed for having worked so hard to get down in weight only to have it creep back on after only 1 year.

I MUST get back to where I was and how happy I was with myself but I am having an extremely difficult time figuring out how to reharness the intensity and discipline I had the first time around.

ANYWAYS.. lots of poor pitiful me syndrome, but I what I am really wondering is if anyone has any tips, words of encouragement or inspiration for how to regain my intensity for a second and final try at getting healthy...

I am also struggling because I am in month 2 of my physical therapy for a replaced ACL which means no running for quite some time. Running was the way that I found to get cardio in as I felt like I could make and achieve goals and really measure progress.

Replies

• Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    OK.. you are recovering from surgery...that's one really good reason for weight gain.. and I can imagine it is very frustrating not getting out to run... are there other exercises you can do such as biking or swimming? This is NOT a final try...it is going back to making YOU the most important person in YOUR life...one day at a time.. don't look at the whole weight loss thing.. do it one day.. today.. and then again the next day... hang in there surgery and its aftermath can play havoc on out perceptions of ourselves..don't fall into that trap!!! You can do this... one step at a time.. just like after your surgery!!!
  • jon201983
    jon201983 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    keep your head up, you got this. The goal of yours can be done and can be accomplished with hard work and determination. It wont be easy but just think of how great you will and how far you will have come once you get there......keep that vision in mind and you can get there
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I had to start again in July. I had lost 71 pounds prior to 2012, then from June of 2012 to June of 2013 I gained 69 pounds of it back. Since July of 2013 I've lost 43 pounds, and I couldn't run. Instead, I walked... all summer I walked... and hiked. 5-8 miles a day most days. Occasionally less than 5, occasionally more than 8, but usually it fell in that realm. Then as fall brought colder temperatures I started doing indoor workouts (T25, elliptical machine, biggest loser power walk.) I am now starting to run a tiny bit, but not much at all, I can run in place for 20 minutes, but real running is harder and I've only made it about 5 minute stretches. You can lose weight without running. If you can swim, walk, bike, etc. Do those things. If you can't do those yet, you can still watch calories. Find out what your TDEE is and cut 20% from it, or more if you can do that without going to low in calories.

You CAN do it!

I'm a fellow Washingtonian too, not too far from Tacoma... I'm on Kitsap peninsula.