Not too far from my weight goal but still depressed :(

Options
So...sometimes i look in the mirror and i don't like the person looking back. I'm sure many of u feel or have felt this way. Right now, though, i'm a little content with my body image...my bf tells me i have a good shape but i just need to tone down a little, and i agree... and same for him! lol The thing is i tend to get depressed about things i can't change...well, at least things that i can't easily change or that can't be changed permanently. For example, at times i get depressed about my breast size...if only they were a little bigger, i sometimes think to myself. Also, sometimes i feel depressed about my eye color...i have brown eyes and sometimes i wish they were blue. My bf says he likes me just the way i am and that i shouldn't get plastic surgery...well, i'm stubborn and i tend to not listen to him. I look at Megan Fox, Adriana Lima, Mila Kunis (celebrities that my bf finds attractive) instead and i get jealous cuz they look so gorgeous with their blue eyes. But i just have boring brown eyes...lol I tell myself i'd look so much better with blue eyes. I think i may need some therapy...lol

Replies

• rundgrenfan
    Options
    Unfortunately, weight loss will not solve all of our body issues...maybe just concentrate on being the best, most loving, and healthiest person you can be.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I would suggest looking into St Johns Wort... it is a great natural Anti-Depressant... it helped me ALOT!!
  • cef957
    cef957 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I sometimes agree with you...I also have brown eyes...I am not sure if this will help ....but my kids have my same color eyes...it is kinda neat to see myself looking back at me and not from a mirror.
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're feeling down on yourself! When I was your age I felt envious of other attractive women etc. And I have very small breasts, thick legs...And I desperately wanted brown eyes (mine are green). I don't think you need therapy, Keep focusing on being healthy and you'll be surprised at how your overall self image and confidence changes. And listen to your bf :) I've been married for 9 years now, and even though my eyes are green and I don't even have cleavage with a push up bra, my man tells me I'm beautiful every day...and I believe him. Good luck with your goals!
  • DonW1955
    Options
    It is not the outside that matters as much as the inside. In my many years on this earth ( and I have had 55 so far ) it's the kind of a person you are inside and how you treat others that really matters the most. If you treat your bf well.. and he is a good man... and you let him know how much you love him every day.. and he does the same.. you will be a much happier person and be in a much better relationship.

Enjoy your life.. enjoy what you have...rejoice in who YOU are not to be like someone else. Enjoy your bf and enjoy your friends and family. Don't spend you time wishing you were someone else and comparing yourself to someone else. Make the most out of who YOU are.

Life life!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I would suggest looking into St Johns Wort... it is a great natural Anti-Depressant... it helped me ALOT!!

Great idea...but I have to add that St Johns Wort negatively interacts with a relatively extensive list of drugs, so do some research to make sure combining it with any prescriptions you're on won't cause a problem.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I sometimes agree with you...I also have brown eyes...I am not sure if this will help ....but my kids have my same color eyes...it is kinda neat to see myself looking back at me and not from a mirror.

I agree! I never liked my "dirt brown" eyes, as I used to call them. Then my daughter was born with my exact same eyes. They are GORGEOUS! I think sometimes we are not satisfied because it's what WE have. Grass is always greener you know.

You are a very pretty girl and I am sure there are tons of people out there who are seriously envious of what you have. Celebrate yourself and all you have, everything else will start to matter less.
  • tbernard
    tbernard Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think if you were to talk to those people on your list. they would have their own lists of their personal faults and their own lists of people who they think are more attractive that them. In the end, you are who you are...

As time goes on you tend to realize that although looks are somewhat important, there are more important things.