Hi

Options
My name is Deb. I am wanting to lose about 50 pounds... The main reason I want to lose is weight is because I just want to be healthy. But I will be visiting my boyfriend in March 2014 so would like to 'WOW' him a little bit. I am from the USA and he is from Ireland so we do not get to see each other often. But that will change starting next year ;)
I have been on here before so I know MFP works. I just purchased a fitbit which I love already. It is always in my possession along with my phone & iPad. :)
My main source of exercise at the moment is walking- I like to listen to music, read books on iPad, and watch tv while I am walking on the treadmill.
I am looking for more friends and motivators so if you want to add me feel free. If you have fitbit let me know, I can use all the friends on there for fitness competition. :)

Replies

• sallysally
    sallysally Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi i am new to these forums but not new to MFP. I have 15 kilos (i think thats around 33 pounds??) to loose for no other reason than to be a healthier person. I have struggled all my life i find it hard to loose weight but i enjoy eating well and running and walking. Good luck for march you have given yourself lots of time to do it so im sure you will look great:) Sally
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hello Deb.. feel free to add me .. Good luck on your journey :) I also have a fitbit, I could not live without it now :)
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    All three above...add me, too! You can definitely achieve that kind of weight loss by March, but it will take serious control and motivation! I think you can do it! Log everything, watch your calories and nutrient balance and amp up your workouts, too. A little core or strength training may also help with muscles mass and calorie burning.