any workout ideas?

mamxo22
mamxo22 Posts: 84
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
heyy!! just wondering if anyone has any good workouts that can count as cardio. i usually do the elliptical but get tired of it.
i love running, but have a hard time finding time to actually run.

just wondering if anyone had a routine thats worked for them !! thanks xo.

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    I've just started Zumba more (because of laughingdani's suggestions), and I like it so far ... I've had higher calorie burns in other workouts, but I do get really sweaty!

I love workouts by Gilad (on FitTV on DirecTV).

I also love a lot of Wii workouts :smile:
  • Hi there. It may sound cliche, but workout videos. I bought the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred about two weeks ago, and have been using that instead if running (too cold to run outdoors anymore). It doesn't burn as many calories, but combines strength and cardio which is good. I feel it working. My muscles are sore & I feel stronger. It's a nice compromise for me, because it's only 20-30 mins long, and I can find time to fit it in my schedule even though I have less time lately due to school intensity picking up. I'd also suggest a class of some sort- like yoga, kickboxing, or pilates. I plan to join a class when I get more time (and money lol).
  • robpacion
    robpacion Posts: 1 Member
    Instead of running do incline walking on a treadmill set it to like incline 10 and speed between 3-4 whatever is comfortable or go faster go as long as you can without holding on the machine but keep your back straight so your not dragging, once you get really exhausted then start holding onto the machine to finish your workout. If you got bout 30mins HIIT is fantastic basically constantly changing up cardio in one session such as 5mins on elliptical 10mins running, 10mins on stair stepper, 5mins incline walk, 5mins of slow jog then stretch at the end. If your looking to get away from cardio full body workouts are good to do just hitting compound lifts will help tone and make your muscles firm, don't be afraid to lift heavy your not going to bulk up i don't care what anyone says women cannot bulk up like men do cause they have a low testosterone level so don't be afraid to lift heavy you will see your muscles filling out more, if that scares you then id say don't lift heavy, but if you don't mind your muscles filling out more then lift heavy you will burn the most calories and get a firm body.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    If you have a wii try some of the games on that. One of my "rest days" I just put in a fav TV show and started dancing and running around in the living room with 3 lb weights. I was sweating and i had fun.
  • vestap
    vestap Posts: 3
    I like walk away the pounds. You can do a quick mile or keep going to 2,3 or 4 miles. Get it at walmart. Good Luck
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
  • chic243
    chic243 Posts: 15
    quickest calorie burn is intense Spinning class Good luck
  • I started taking Zumba classes at a local dance studio. Go to zumba.com to look for classes near you. Depending on your area, classes cost on average anywhere from $7-$12/class. A lot of fitness centers and even dance studios have started offering adult Zumba classes, which is great because I can't afford a gym membership so I go once or twice a week for an hour class at a local dance studio.
  • sewele
    sewele Posts: 27
    since it's starting to become winter.. maybe look at ice skating with some friends or your boyfriend. Or try rollerblading that is a great workout and you work muscles you never knew you had!
  • thankks!! these are all really good suggestions!!!!
  • ZUMBA!!! I love it!! It's so much fun and it really doesn't feel like you're exercising at all. I highly recommend :)
This discussion has been closed.