Tropical Smoothie Cafe

LJMommy
LJMommy Posts: 6
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
Does anyone know what "turbinado" is??? Is it automatically added to every smoothie they make if you do not specify?

I was looking up points on dotties and I see every smoothie listed with splenda or listed with turbinado, so Im wondering if that is something you specifically ask to have added or if its automatically done so. The turbinado smoothies were much higher in calories than the splenda ones.

Thanks!!

Replies

• LJMommy
    Does anyone know what "turbinado" is??? Is it automatically added to every smoothie they make if you do not specify?

I was looking up points on dotties and I see every smoothie listed with splenda or listed with turbinado, so Im wondering if that is something you specifically ask to have added or if its automatically done so. The turbinado smoothies were much higher in calories than the splenda ones.

Thanks!!
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Turbinado aka Sugar in the Raw is a sugarcane extract. Thats their general sweetner of choice while Splenda must be requested.

Love & Blessings
  • LJMommy
    Thanks!!!
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    I love that restaurant. It's a great place for lunch. Get your smoothies with Splenda; it cuts down so many calories. My favorite is the island intensity
  • LJMommy
    I love it as well!! Im trying to get use to the splenda taste but it seems like it has such an aftertaste to it?!!
This discussion has been closed.