diet pills...... dun dun duuuunnnn........

Options
ok so I know diet pills or supplements are usually discouraged on this site. are any of you currently taking anything to help aid u in your weight loss journey? what are you taking and is it helping?

Replies

• RunningofftheEX
    RunningofftheEX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Lipo 6 Black for me. They have a mens and womans version. Wife takes also and I swear by them. I know for some this may not work but have been using off and one for a year and when I am using it with a clean diet and exercise I consistantly lose more weight. Hope this helps.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Crave Control with Hoodia. I notice I am better able to resist binges when I remember to take it. For what it is worth.
  • sexyagainbysummer
    sexyagainbysummer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am currently taking GDM 4.0 a bee pollen supplement as well as trying out some fat burners and using amilean twice a day! I was just makin sure I wasn't the only one out there using soething to help me! ive been on for 3 days now and have lost 4 lbs!
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Personally no. What do they do apart from suppressing hunger?
  • sexyagainbysummer
    Options
    ive tried many things over the years but apatite suppressants have helped me in not only curbing my apatite and helping me eat less, it also helps me with cravings! I love the taste of food and I can eat til I get sick but with these I WANT to eat healthy. all the horrible fast food I ate everyday is not appealing to me! I don't have the sweet tooth to go to the cupcake shop!
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm dubious of the claims of open market slimming pills but the one's from your doctor will be different. It depends what you're taking.
  • DeputySox
    Options
    Crank, It;s only illegal because it works!
  • sexyagainbysummer
    Options
    ive been on for 3 days now and have lost 4 lbs!

sounds perfectly sustainable to me.....

make better choices, OP.
    im not telling you to go out and do it! I was simply asking if anyone else does it? if you don't then fine, that's your choice.:smile:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    few, if any, around here are going to side with you on this so don't get all butthurt when people say things you don't want to hear.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    few, if any, around here are going to side with you on this so don't get all butthurt when people say things you don't want to hear.
    I not getting butthurt, *kitten*! I am not asking anyone to side with me! I side with me! that is all that matters

There's no need for name calling.
  • peachcats
    Options
    All I can say is be careful, a *lot* of people have died from diet pills.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Don't you think that if there were some magic pill you could take to lose weight EVERYONE would be taking it? Just figure out your TDEE and eat fewer calories than that. There are hundreds of people here that have had success with that method. Plus, it's cheaper than those "diet pills" you buy. I know you're mind is already made up though so I wish you good luck.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    There's a reason that diet pills keep getting pulled off the market, reformulated, put back on the market, pulled off the market, reformulated, put back on...repeat. Many people develop serious lifelong health problems from them. Fen-fen...cardiac damage, Hydroxy-Cut....liver damage to the point of needing liver transplants, and more every day. Too often they don't realize there's a problem w/these products until the permanent damage is done. But if you still think there's some magical shortcut to a healthy weight, where you can eat as many calories as you want & not exercise, then be sure to Google "weight-loss-pills-recall" before you take anything. Even the "safe" Alli tells people in their warning paper to make sure to have a change of clothes w/you at all times, in case of "explosive" diarrhea. When I asked our pharmacist if he sold a lot of Alli, he said yes, but so far no one has come back to refill their prescription...because of the side effects.

But if you want to risk your health, & waste time & money, on things that cause problems AND won't bring you any closer to health....

P. S. For another example, the Lipo 6 Black Hers is currently facing a class action suit by people that say their product is dangerous & makes false claims. You can read about the dangers of the ingredients here... http://www.europeanrevolution.net/lipo-6-side-effects-you-need-to-know-about/
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Don't you think that if there were some magic pill you could take to lose weight EVERYONE would be taking it? Just figure out your TDEE and eat fewer calories than that. There are hundreds of people here that have had success with that method. Plus, it's cheaper than those "diet pills" you buy. I know you're mind is already made up though so I wish you good luck.

QFT

Also notice that all recommend a "good diet" (aka calorie deficit) and exercise. It's subtly telling you that these pills are unnecessary while encouraging you to assume whatever results/success you have is due to these placebos.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I tend to use water, coffee, and tea to curb my appetite... which I think is what you're really asking.
  • yvette2762
    Options
    The only thing I have used is lots of fresh lemon tea and water in addition to eating about 6 to 7 very small meals a day.....i started out 398.9 and am down to 251.6 and that's after falling the wagon and gaining like 8 pounds....may years ago i tried just anything and everything on the market with and without a prescription......my results are simple...THEY DO WORK FOR A SMALL TIME FRAME...then when and if you gain it back it comes double.....to really lose and maintain it takes hard work i think this is the hardest job i have ever had..I have been battling with my all my life and i am tired wanna look good and stay looking good till I go.....so please stay away from the help....except all natural....just my opinion
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I am currently taking GDM 4.0 a bee pollen supplement as well as trying out some fat burners and using amilean twice a day! I was just makin sure I wasn't the only one out there using soething to help me! ive been on for 3 days now and have lost 4 lbs!

You didn't lose 4lbs of fat in 3 days. Losing several pounds in the first week is normal for anyone who changes their eating habits for the better. It's water weight, and you should not expect to keep up that rate of loss with or without pills...in fact, a consistent loss of that rate would be extremely unhealthy. I'm not saying this to be discouraging, just to provide truth.
  • lisam625
    lisam625 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Oh for the love of God. Any excuse to get people all fired up is a good one I guess.
    I am combo piling diet pills right now actually. Relacore & Zantrex 3. Relacore gives me the feel good and the Zantrex gives me the energy to get things done....like push harder though a workout. Ive lost 5 pounds in about 4 weeks.
    I am about to switch things up though. I am starting a beachbody challenge and just ordered some GNC total lean CLA & CLA pm for good sleep at night. I'll be dropping the diet pills now that I am on a good workout habit and my eating is more under control. I know the probably are not "good" for you but they worked for me during a temporary time period.
    Hope this was helpful
  • tart_of_darkness
    Options
    ok so I know diet pills or supplements are usually discouraged on this site. are any of you currently taking anything to help aid u in your weight loss journey? what are you taking and is it helping?

Last year I got a prescription from my doctor for a weight loss medication. I lost 40 lbs in 6 months, but I also took my doc's referrals to go to a dietician, checked in with her office once a month, and I self monitored things like blood pressure. In the year since I gained back 15 lbs, but I attribute this mostly to attempting the HCG diet. A sizeable percentage of the population is insensitive to HCG and being super hungry on 500 calories a day is physically and psychologically exhausting. Do not recommend.

Being on diet pills was the weirdest experience, though. I went from normal-low blood pressure to borderline high. I was exercising and drinking water to try to combat the effects, so I feel confident that I didn't do much damage, and I returned to my normal readings after I stopped. People with cardiovascular damage, kidney problems, and other risk factors would probably have a different experience, but I'm glad I did it. It helped jump start results and that gave me a boost when I was undertaking the huge project of changing how I eat and exercise.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Never again. I tried them when I weighed a lot less than I do now. When I stopped taking them after I had lost 10 pounds, I put 20 back on. Not worth it.