Sugar cravings - tips

Options
Hello,

Very recently i did understood that i was sugar lover and not chocolate lover, special cakes with cream, and if they have chocolate, like petit gateau, i like too.

In this week i stop eating cookies , cakes, chocolate with sugar and i create 4 tips to help me with that and i like to share.

1 -eat a little of 85% cocoa chocolate: the tasty are so (bahhhh) and so strong that i really stop the feeling for sweets
2 - banana (a little more green than yellow) and add some almonds
3 - hot milk with coffee
4 - milk with cereals with almonds and a little of honey

Of course the portions are small!

And you, did you have a helpfull tips for sugar cravings? what did you eat or do to avoid cakes, chocolates, cookies?

Thank you

Replies

• sm37130
    sm37130 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat the %85 chocolate as well. Lately I've grabbed two or three grapes when craving something sugary, it's helped a lot!
  • ADietadaM
    ADietadaM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat the %85 chocolate as well. Lately I've grabbed two or three grapes when craving something sugary, it's helped a lot!

Don't you eat a little of %85 cocoa chocolate and like to stop eating? Its so bitter!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

I keep clementines or fuji apples handy when I need sugar.
  • ADietadaM
    Options
    Hi

I keep clementines or fuji apples handy when I need sugar.

Hello,
    I saw recently that apple have two effects, for some people that helps the feeling for cravings something sweet, but for others is the opposite, increase.
  • adrianneseline45
    Options
    I am a huge fan of sweets too! I Would devour a box of candy like it was nothing. I just started this diet last week, and have been substituting my sweet cravings for fruit cups, del monte fruit naturals they have sugar free ones that are grapefruit, or peach. I also bought Nabisco devilis food cookie cakes, these are fat free and have 50 calories each, I will sometimes have a bowl of special K chocolately delight cereal , and I also bought a few keebler 100 calorie right bites . This week I feel cut down tremendously, but I am still over in my sugar for the week.
  • ADietadaM
    Options
    I am a huge fan of sweets too! I Would devour a box of candy like it was nothing. I just started this diet last week, and have been substituting my sweet cravings for fruit cups, del monte fruit naturals they have sugar free ones that are grapefruit, or peach. I also bought Nabisco devilis food cookie cakes, these are fat free and have 50 calories each, I will sometimes have a bowl of special K chocolately delight cereal , and I also bought a few keebler 100 calorie right bites . This week I feel cut down tremendously, but I am still over in my sugar for the week.

Not just for this week, try more weeks! If you didn't eating something with sugar or stop some bad habbits for 15 days the brain don't put more feeling for craving sugar! So, one more week for us!
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    And you, did you have a helpfull tips for sugar cravings? what did you eat or do to avoid cakes, chocolates, cookies?

When I crave cakes, chocolate, or cookies...I eat the cake, chocolate, and cookies. If it fits in my calorie goals and macros (carbs, fat, and protein), it will be eaten!

I don't see any point in depriving yourself from the stuff you truly want from time to time. It ends up resulting in you going overboard on the food you crave in the long run.
  • kgbsn80
    kgbsn80 Posts: 21
    Options
    spoonful of peanut butter with 2 small chocolate chips on top, coffee with half n half, frozen grapes, stewed a green apple with cinnamon, butter ,raisins and almond, vanilla or a rum extract top with light whip cream "taste like warm apple pie"
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

When I crave cakes, chocolate, or cookies...I eat the cake, chocolate, and cookies. If it fits in my calorie goals and macros (carbs, fat, and protein), it will be eaten!

I don't see any point in depriving yourself from the stuff you truly want from time to time. It ends up resulting in you going overboard on the food you crave in the long run.

Agreed....Learn to fit those things you like into your daily intake over time, in the long run it will make your diet more sustainable.... I go to bed every night saving enough calories for some Real Chocolate snacks.... Best of Luck OP
  • ADietadaM
    Options
    The problem is... for some person if they eat 3 cookies or a piece of cake they just stop when they finish the all the cookie box or all the cake. Because they cannot stop. And the other problem is that normally people put in some foods, special sweet foods, the feelings (for exemple: sadness), and that in my opinion in the begining of diet is very danger. Self control is very important in the first 2 weeks/3 weeks in the beginning that will garanteed , in my opnion, the sucessfull of the diet.

Of course, after that time, if people can eat a piece of cake or cookies and stop after, its good! But in my case if i eat one cake today, tomorrow i would like to eat another thing, and a little more, and that stop completed my diet!
  • kgbsn80
    kgbsn80 Posts: 21
    Options
    P.S. I think you will become more and more creative with making things to help with your sugar cravings. These are just some things I am doing and learning.
  • ADietadaM
    Options
    P.S. I think you will become more and more creative with making things to help with your sugar cravings. These are just some things I am doing and learning.

Yes, i hope!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I really do crave them less if I can avoid them for enough days in a row. I don't mean totally avoid sugar, but avoid the sweets and chocolate that I love.

I've been doing the portion control, but I've run into a problem where I have to watch my sugars, so I think I'll go back to my avoidance plan. What I did before was not eat the sweets except once a week at most. They taste wonderful at that one meal! So delicious! I'm not a binger, so I mean one piece of carrot cake or whatever :)

The problem there is that I crave more the next day, so I have to be disciplined to get over that inevitable hurdle. But after that day, I don't crave them nearly as much as I normally do. I can go quite a while and never think of them! I even stretch out the days in between treats.

Today I had yogurt with fruit and granola instead of my sweet :) It was yummy. It'll do most days for me.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    sugar is my down fall I am trying to turn to more fruit
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I started eating more fruit, but I also picked up the 100-calorie snack packs. If I am just dying for something sweet, I have one and that's IT. I also just picked up the Quaker Caramel Corn rice cakes. I could get used to these!

I take great pride that there is STILL an unopened box of Thin Mints in my freezer. :)
  • ADietadaM
    Options

I take great pride that there is STILL an unopened box of Thin Mints in my freezer. :)

Well done!