November Running Challenge For Beginners!

Options
Apologies if something similar exists?!

I'm fairly new to running and run 8 miles per week in October. I'm stepping it up to 10 in November so:

1-7 10 miles
8-14 10 miles
15-21 10 miles
22-30 10 miles

40 miles! Then if we get a decent following we can increase together for December!

Replies

• Pipparuns
    Pipparuns Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm currently running about 9 miles per week and will be adding 3 more in November, so I'm in.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Alright show off!! He he that's great we'll done. Week 1 commences from 1/11/13 (Or 11/1/13 if you're from across the pond :) )
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hey u!

I am currently at 9 miles give or take per week - happy to increase for November. I'm in! I just got a new running jacket and cap for the colder and very wet weather....

J x
  • Pipparuns
    Options
    Alright show off!! He he that's great we'll done. Week 1 commences from 1/11/13 (Or 11/1/13 if you're from across the pond :) )

I'm in the US but I'm actually traveling to London in November and will be running the MoRunning 5K in Battersea Park on the 17th with my husband and daughter. Can't wait -- will be my first race in a long time, and certainly my first outside the States. I'm terribly slow though, so just hoping to have fun.
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Excellent! Just 3 of us so far a few more would be good.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    Im currently running 10 miles a week. Happy to join in although my running is through the c25k program.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'll join in - I'm on Week 7 of C25K and will be moving straight onto the 10K programme after that so should be hitting at least 10miles week from this week on.

I'm in the UK too
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    I'll join in - I'm on Week 7 of C25K and will be moving straight onto the 10K programme after that so should be hitting at least 10miles week from this week on.

I'm in the UK too

I've done c25k but leaving it until January to start 10k training. Planning to do 4 more 5k between now and end of the year. I'm in Hertfordshire UK.
  • Pipparuns
    Options
    Is anyone doing a walk/run method? My class has us doing a 4:1 R:W for 30-35 minutes. I am itching to be able to run comfortably the whole 3 miles, but I know better than to rush things. Been there. Done that. How is everyone doing with this? Is C25K similar? Thanks.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Not really new to running but 10 miles a week will be a challenge for me:). In!
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Is anyone doing a walk/run method? My class has us doing a 4:1 R:W for 30-35 minutes. I am itching to be able to run comfortably the whole 3 miles, but I know better than to rush things. Been there. Done that. How is everyone doing with this? Is C25K similar? Thanks.

Google c25k. The whole programme is on the page. It's great!
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I run about 9 give or take. So, yes I am in.
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Hopefully anyone else who is interested who didn't see this a week back will now.

I'm at 2 for 1-2 November but running 3 today. How's everyone going?
  • hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you. I'm planning on doing 3 today but finding it hard to go out the door!
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    I'd love to join you. I'm planning on doing 3 today but finding it hard to go out the door!

Listen, I had my stag do last night and am about to do a 5k lol so you can too!!
  • hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I got out the door! Seven to go now!
  • Targonis
    Options
    I've been doing a bit more than 10 miles per week, but I'm in. I did 6.2 miles on November 1st, and plan to do between 5.1 and 8 miles today. Note that the days I have off from work change from week to week, so that is why I am pushing my workouts on days I can.
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Excellent!

Also, nice to have another on board. I'm on 7 so far.

Remember official week one updates are on 8/11/13 for 1/11-7/11/13.
  • Pipparuns
    Options
    Did last week's long run on Sunday instead of Saturday. Awful -- felt like running in concrete, so I walked half the time. 3.3 miles wasted? Was supposed to do 4 - 4.5. Tonight's running class will do 2.5 plus hills so I think I may run an easy pace of 4 tomorrow just to get back into things. I have trouble running alone for some reason. How is everyone else doing?

Anyone doing Jeff Galloway's run/walk schedule? Been thinking about changing over.
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Did last week's long run on Sunday instead of Saturday. Awful -- felt like running in concrete, so I walked half the time. 3.3 miles wasted? Was supposed to do 4 - 4.5. Tonight's running class will do 2.5 plus hills so I think I may run an easy pace of 4 tomorrow just to get back into things. I have trouble running alone for some reason. How is everyone else doing?

Anyone doing Jeff Galloway's run/walk schedule? Been thinking about changing over.

What went wrong? Nothing wrong with walking/running to build up your stamina at all its probably advisable.