Make getting in shape like your job requirement

Options
So I had the most amazing most motivational idea ever that we should all try.

Now celebrities might have the money, the personal trainers, the cosmetic surgeries and all of those resources to get in shape fast but they also follow the same basic principles that are common sense that we already know right?
Drumroll: Well the basics eat healthy, eat last crap, move more and drink more water. But what pushes them to continue to look good or really get results quicker? So why are they so motivated?

Their job is to literally look great because that's what gets them in magazines, googled, talked about and therefore their worth and opportunities increase. I know most of us don't have a job where we must look good (hallelujah) but I was thinking its the same concept.

Now I have celebrity diet knowledge down to a science and what they all discuss is getting ready for that big role. Ie kim kardashians motivation was to look good in time for her birthday party. Plus having everyone discuss her body must fuel her too right?! Jennifer Lopez competed in a triathlon shortly after giving birth. And look at the athletes: I mean they can't afford to get unhealthy because there goes their game, literally. Celebrities like Hugh Hackman wouldn't be in the roles of wolverine if he wasn't that fit right?

So make this your job. I always say I'm working to make this a change and get healthier and fit but I've been on this hamster wheel of half assness since 2007!!! These people have line ups of things within months of each other. So today I thought of what's my big debut that I would want to get ready for? I don't really have one as my life is quite lame right now lol. So I made one up: an outfit that I MUST wear for an event coming up.

The fact that I can't back out makes me feel more determined. I think setting goals that are not too far away pushes you more. If this was August then I would have specified a costume for Halloween but its too late for that now.

My point is celebrities sign multimillion dollar contracts for them to be present at a certain place at a certain time no matter what. They can't skip their movie premier or that bikini scene in the movie and athletes have to make their games regardless if they feel sluggish and out of shape. How well they look by that due date can LITERALLY make or break their career. Kim Kardashian knows her modeling career is over if she never loses the baby weight just like an athlete that can't get back in shape won't be cut for the team next year right?

How hard do you work in your every day life? Your career, relationships, kids, school, just life in general. Imagine this health factor was the same as a deadline for an assignment at work or school that could make or break you. If that wouldn't get you running, what will??

So lets each pick one specific event where we will shine no matter what. I think it's best to pick an outfit or type of clothing or lack of so that it really pushes you. I picked a specific bikini and dress bc this way I can't just find something loose fitting on that event and get away with looking okay. I know many have marathons, weddings, photo shoots which is excellent. Lets all figuratively make a contract that we can't afford to back out of Lets do this together! So sorry for the long post. ADHD and I talk a lot.

Let's post here what we will wear in 2 weeks time no matter what and look HOT in.

Replies

• curvygirly911
    curvygirly911 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    As if you haven't had enough of me already lol....
    I have a mint green dress that's one shoulder and made of chiffon that about one year ago I couldn't get the side zipper past my belly button. Today I can't get the zipper up my chest. I have about 10 inches left on the zipper to close up. So I took a picture of myself in it showing where the zipper is stuck. I have the dress hanging on the back of my closet so it stares me right in the face soon as I walk into the door.
    I WILL wear that dress in about 3 weeks for a get together. Even if I have to wear a cardigan over and hide the zipper lol.
    That is way too embarrassing so I got to get to it .

Also I have avoided going swimming with someone for a very long time because of how I look in a bathing suite, even a tankini and shorts. So I made a promise that when I visit for Christmas holidays then we will find a place to go swimming. YIKES
    That literally has me running for the treadmill.
  • _Britt23
    _Britt23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love it! Great idea!!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    You had me until the two week part. In two months however I will be wearing one of still won't fit *growl* corsets to a friend's annual Christmas party.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Not really an event, but I promised myself that in January or early spring, I will buy myself a whole new much nicer wardrobe if I get to my goal, which is really just getting to where I feel comfortable with myslf and feel that I can maintain and be happy, which I think is about another 15 lbs. Normally, the only "new" things I buy myself are from thrift stores or things that are marked down ridiculously low on clearance. So I plan to go all out, go to the outlet mall in PA and buy whatever I want from real designer stores, which I never have done a day in my life. I am so excited, so I have been looking at their websites and getting a list together of what a real essential wardrobe consists of (thanks to my love of What Not to Wear LOL) so I can buy clothes that are good quality, will last, and are classic clothes for work with my own funky style.

Once I actually go on this shopping spree, probably no one will be able to convince me I am NOT a celebrity, or at least someone real important :laugh:
  • Shun2012
    Shun2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love this idea, my birthday is in January and I may go to Europe (fingers crossed) so I'm going out to look for that spiecial bday dress
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I love this idea :)
    My even will definitely have to be when I meet my bf at the airport in just under 2 months. Can't say there is an outfit which I can't fit and WANT to be able to fit... but I want to be ready to feel confident in a bikini when I take him to a beautiful Sydney beach :) Current goal is to crack into 61.999kg in the next 6 weeks!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Actually, actors tend to do some really unhealthy stuff in order to lose or gain weight. They also often have 5-6 hours a day to commit to working out on top of it because when they aren't filming, prepping for the next role or potential next role is the bulk of their time, and those who stay thin/buff are usually in above average physical condition allowing them to undertake extreme workouts that most of us couldn't safely handle.

I think the general idea is great, but you should be careful to be realistic about what you can expect your body to do in X amount of time and who you choose for your role models.
  • jessicahartpollock
    Options
    I've kind of got a recurrent one going on. My husband works overseas 28 days gone and 28 days home. My goal is to drop enough each time he's gone that he notices a difference when he gets back (although I've gone from blonde to brunette without him noticing before lol) No seriously, I'd love to lose around 8 pounds each month he's gone.
  • curvygirly911
    Options
    @Stage14

I completely agree about them going to extreme lengths with LONG days to get their results. That's why I said that the essence is basically: eat well and work out. The fad diets and other things are def not what we should focus on when we look to a celebrity for motivation. But just their work ethic because they literally depend on this to earn their paycheck. Good point to reiterate though @Stage14 on the chance that someone took it the wrong way :):)
  • nkewilly
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I just joined my fitness pal today and my goal is to lose ten pounds in a month. i am getting married and i need to look beautiful and strong. My weight has been creeping on me but it is my fault . i hardly exercise and i eat poorly. can you ladies help me ?
  • Arloma
    Arloma Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wonderful idea! Having a tangible incentive is great motivation. I've done it before, usually with a dress that I couldn't zip up all the way. That's going to be my goal again this time as well - my white linen sheath dress that finally fit last year but I'm afraid to try on now because I've gained back several pounds after I stopped using MFP. I'm back as of today though and looking forward to wearing it again in about 7 weeks for a Christmas dinner on Dec. 14. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • curvygirly911
    Options
    Hey @nkewelly

We can all do this together. Add a bunch of members ( you can add me and ones on my list as well) and ask us to give you tips and opinions on your food diary. That will def help :)

So for me I have started to add a salad in my meals and protein shakes in as well. What's helped a lot is listening to a hypnosis app for my iphone ( free ) which has made me have an aversion to junk food. I just think healthier. Write down what you ate every single day on MFP and daily look at where you could have spruced up a bit :) Congrats on your engagement and yey to the big day