Exercise Day, good or bad

Options
I was thinking about my schedule and my exercise schedule today and noticed that I mainly workout on one day, Wednesday. On wednesday I would do Zumba and that would be it. I do want to do a hike, again on Wednesday, but would that be too much to do a hike in the morning and then Zumba at night? Is it normal to have one main exercise day or unhealthy?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    you want to go for a walk on the same day you go dancing; i think you'll be fine. i think you'll find it difficult to get the benefits of exercise if you one work out 1 day per week tho
  • doghe14
    doghe14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know it would be fine but is it "too much" when I do all my exercise on one particular day compared to all week
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it is unhealthy but like DavPul said you are not going to get much benefit out of only exercising one day a week regardless to the fact you workout once, twice, three times in one day... Basically you will benefit more by get more days of exercise over the course of the week... Best of Luck
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I know it would be fine but is it "too much" when I do all my exercise on one particular day compared to all week

Nothing to worry about, walking and Zumba in the same day isn't "too much".
  • OriginalKatie
    OriginalKatie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The only person who can truly answer that is you. You need to listen to your body and gauge how it feels the next day. If you can hardly move because your muscles are so sore - you've pushed yourself too far. If you feel ok then its fine. But it is generally recommended to get some form of exercise about 5 days a week. You need to challenge yourself and keep active.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It's more healthy to stay active all week long. We're less prone to injury by moving throughout the week too.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    You'll probably be more prone to little injuries than if you spread it out, so do try to warm up before each and wear the proper shoes, etc. And watch for how you feel the next day or two. Things like overuse injuries can pop up by doing a lot more than you normally do on one day. But it's fine to try it, I think. Just watch yourself :)
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    How is it "too much" if its ONE DAY A WEEK???
  • DDSA52
    DDSA52 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Do you have health issues that keep you from exercising more than one day a week or is it just your schedule? A short walk each day can be good for you. I have Fibromyalgia and arthritis but I still try to walk daily, even if it's just for 15-20 minutes.