help please

Options
I am trying to lose about 10-15lbs. Not having luck. I do stationary biking 3-4 times/week for 45min. with different speeds and levels, yoga, weights on alternating days, and walk dog. My tummy doesn't want to firm up or nor can rest of body lose weight. I am more of a snacker - and having trouble accommodating a gluten-sensitivity. Thought about protein shakes but not sure which one to look for (meat gets expensive). Finances are tight so we do our best eating healthy wise (limit boxed foods). Any suggestions would be helpful. I would like to really rev up my work out but work around back/neck injury.

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose about 10-15lbs. Not having luck. I do stationary biking 3-4 times/week for 45min. with different speeds and levels, yoga, weights on alternating days, and walk dog. My tummy doesn't want to firm up or nor can rest of body lose weight. I am more of a snacker - and having trouble accommodating a gluten-sensitivity. Thought about protein shakes but not sure which one to look for (meat gets expensive). Finances are tight so we do our best eating healthy wise (limit boxed foods). Any suggestions would be helpful. I would like to really rev up my work out but work around back/neck injury.

This is what I had for breakfast today and it was delicious: 1.5 cup milk, 1/2 cup pure pumpkin, 1 banana, 1 tbs coconut oil and 1 tbs almond butter - blend together and there is breakfast which kept me full for a very long time. I warmed the milk before putting in blender. You could omit the coconut oil.

For my tummy, I do kettle bell swings nothing else. I hate crunches with a passion. Since doing KBS, my stomach as well as my muffin top have decreased so much that I am now able to wear a size 10 pants. I use a 10 and 20 lb bell. I also have a calorie deficit of 557 per day.
  • kochou
    kochou Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    best tummy firming for me has been planks and the ab roller. i do 60 - 100 reps with my ab roller 3 times a week. oh, when i mean ab roller, i mean the wheel - which will run you $10 on ebay.
  • ImRemko
    ImRemko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose fat, you need to be in a caloric deficit. It doesn't matter if you get that through eating what your body requires and creating the deficit by working out, or simply eating less calories to create the deficit.

Not losing fat? Then you're probably not in a caloric deficit.
  • LTMgirl
    LTMgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Make sure to look at your sodium intake for the day. Try to aim for under 1500 mg per day. It's surprising how much sodium is in basic foods ( celery...cottage cheese..etc).
  • petrie52
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I will try them. I have gained weight and hoping it is muscle but would like to start losing. Trying to get lean toned legs rather than bulk. :(